Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60603
Chapman and Cutler LLP is seeking a Solutions Architect to join our Information Technology department in our Chicago office and reporting to the Manager of Applications Development and Support. The Solutions Architect works across the Firm to develop and deploy new tools and processes that support both the strategic and operational needs of the Firm. This position will interact with business stakeholders and the user community to ensure a high level of client service is applied and application technologies deliver an effective and efficient user experience. Working with other internal Chapman departments, the Solutions Architect defines and manages implementations and process improvement initiatives end-to-end.
The day-to-day responsibilities of the Solutions Architect will include:
- Works with Firm leadership, practice groups and administrative departments to fully understand and articulate project requirements. Where appropriate, interfaces with application development to translate customer requirements into work plans including process mapping and ensures business requirements are being met and project milestones are being achieved.
- Provides direction on architecture and design decisions, including the evaluation and selection of solutions. Ensures the solutions integrate seamlessly with existing technology platforms and conform to the Firm’s long-term IT strategy.
- Oversees implementations ensuring cross-functional collaboration and the successful resolution of roadblocks and other challenges.
- Facilitates needs assessment and planning sessions to understand short and long-term strategies and begins gathering technical and functional requirements.
- Creates preliminary design and model documents to help evaluate proposed solutions, including but not limited to screen mockups, entity relationship diagrams, process flow diagrams, etc.
- Develops solutions using existing or new tools and platforms. Examples of previous solutions have included creating applications, databases and workflows.
- Works with internal clients to test and implement solutions. Assists with corresponding presentations, communications and demonstrations as needed.
- Acts as a solutions evangelist, raising awareness of available and new capabilities, empowering lawyers and administrative staff to take advantage of tools and services, and continually researches new technologies for future solutions.
- Architect, deploy and maintain SharePoint based (SharePoint Online, PowerApps, PowerBI, etc.) solutions.
- Documents code, creates process and/or workflow diagrams, and creates support documentation for cross training other resources in support of solutions.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of five (5) years of prior experience in business analysis, computer science and/or project management. The ideal candidate will have at least four (4) years of previous experience in the legal industry.
- Experience in managing multiple complex projects often containing ambiguity.
- Experience with formal requirements definitions and industry standard application development lifecycle.
- Excellent technical skills particularly related to system development platforms, tools, approaches, and capabilities.
- Ability to understand concepts governing software development processes.
- Must have proven analytical and problem-solving abilities, a keen attention to detail and the ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to write and troubleshoot structured query syntax for a SQL Server environment, including stored procedures and user defined functions. Familiarity with normalized data structures.
- Experience with MS SharePoint Online and MS Power Platform (PowerApps, Power BI, Flow) desired.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume. All applicants will be considered; however, the hiring decision will be based on qualifications for the position.
Chapman and Cutler LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.