Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Kankakee, IL 60901
IKO Industries Ltd. is a market leader in the manufacturing of roofing and building materials. IKO is a Canadian owned and operated business with production facilities worldwide and has many years of unparalleled success in the roofing materials industry. Quality, integrity, and trustworthiness are the values that underlie this success, and we have built this company by hiring people who hold these values. People like you!
Maintenance Mechanic – IKO Midwest
IKO Midwest in Kankakee, IL is the leading provider of roofing products (shingles and composite roofing), is looking for a safety driven, ambitious, experienced mechanic to join our excellent maintenance team.
Must comply with safety guidelines and follow Standard Operating Procedures. IKO Midwest has an excellent safety record and high safety standard.
- Experience in the manufacturing industry (preferably continuous manufacturing) is required.
- Candidates must have demonstrated ability to:**
- Read and interpret work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Perform routine condition-based monitoring of industrial equipment
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems
- Complete scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment
- Use a variety of hand and power tools
- Maintain an orderly work place
- Be flexible to changing shift times when needed
- Walk throughout plant, climb ladders, twist and bend routinely
- Properly assemble, clean, repair, and reassemble complex mechanical devices
- Lift and move up to 75 pounds on a routine basis using proper lifting techniques
- Experience with Lock-Out-Tag out procedures
- 3-5 years’ experience required
Benefits of Employment: IKO recognizes that its success is due to the strength of its employees. A primary goal of IKO is to promote individual employee’s sense of accomplishment and contribution so that employees enjoy their association with IKO. The Company invests in its employees so that they are the most knowledgeable in the industry, and undertakes great efforts to nurture loyalty to, and teamwork at, IKO. We are pleased to offer competitive compensation, health care, a progressive and challenging workplace and a commitment to teamwork and integrity.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment: IKO Industries Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. IKO Industries Ltd. encourages and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
IKO is a leading manufacturer of residential and commercial roofing systems operating in Canada, the United States and multiple global markets. Our 60+ years of success has been enabled by the dedication of our employees. We would welcome the opportunity to consider you for one of our great opportunities!