Direct Support Person
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Belleville, IL 62220
Challenge Unlimited, Inc.
$12.20/hour, Full-Time, Evenings
Individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities need people in their lives who provide them with assistance and instruction on completing tasks most people take for granted. The people who provide this help and training are called Direct Support Professionals, or DSPs. At Residential Options, our DSPs work in residential settings helping our clients learn new skills, reach life goals, and turn houses into homes.
- Train, supervise and assist Residents on completing Activity of Daily Living (ADL) skills. Assist Residents by completing cleaning, laundry, cooking, and administering proper dose and timing of medications to Residents.
- Assist Residents with bathing, hygiene and toileting when a Resident is not capable of completing independently. Perform tasks necessary to maintain a safe living and working environment (i.e. cleaning, shoveling walks, etc.)
- Provide active treatment services as outlined in each Resident’s plan (IHP/ISP/ITP), and as assigned by the Residential Site Manager (RSM).
- Ensure adherence to daily activity schedules.
- Daily document services provided, progress, behaviors and incidents in the Resident files. Comply with MRO billing procedures as indicated in Resident’s plan.
- Communicate individual Resident concerns and needs to the RSM. Participate in IHP/ISP/ITP staffing and IDT meetings as requested by the RSM. Communicate safety concerns to RSM.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Experience with people with developmental disabilities (DD) or mental illness (MI) is helpful, but not required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid driver’s license
- CPR, 1st Aid, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) and DSP training provided by the company must be successfully completed within the first 4 months and annually thereafter to be certified and maintain position.
- Able to use a computer
- Must pass state required TABE literacy assessment prior to employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/DodpOwURYNO4fJLZhjL5W