Maintenance Tech. - Electrical 10239BR
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Granite City, IL 62040
Description: The Maintenance Technician Electrical job is a core component for our maintenance forces and requires a trained and experienced individual to continue our success as one of world’s largest steel producers. The Maintenance Technician Electrical performs all electrical maintenance functions necessary to maintain all operating and service equipment using standard and specialized tools and equipment including mobile equipment, pendant and overhead cranes and forklifts. As a Maintenance Technician Electrical, you will install, maintain, repair, and operate a broad range of electrical systems and electrical equipment in a heavy industrial environment to maintain continuous operations.
Skills: A minimum of 1 year of manufacturing and/or industrial experience (including relevant experience gained in military service) or equivalent education. This includes experience in any of the following: industrial electronics, motors and controls, schematics and electrical power, print reading, computers and PLC’s, electronics, AC/DC theory, power, test instruments and instrumentation, electrical maintenance, commercial construction and installation.
• High School Diploma or GED
• The position requires rotating 8 hour shift work, which will include Saturdays and Sundays, and holidays.
• The position requires overtime work as needed.
• Adherence to safety procedures/guidelines at all times. Safety is our core value which requires you to wear safety protection such as hard hats, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective clothing, and boots with metatarsal protection.
• The position requires punctuality, consistent attendance and self direction for the success of the operations.
• Must pass assessment test(s)
U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
Duties: Troubleshoot, install, maintain, and repair a broad range of electrical and electronic systems and equipment using schematics, AC/DC systems, and PLC’s.
• Provide assistance in operating functions as necessary.
• May work alone with minimal supervision or with other maintenance technicians.
• Work in various areas of the plant locations is required. Dependent upon the area, environmental conditions can be hot, cold, dirty, greasy, wet, and noisy.