Nursing Instructor - Clinical
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Crystal Lake, IL 60012
Adjunct Faculty Title
Nursing Instructor – Clinical
Start October 5th
Pay Rate Information
per adjunct contract
Position Start Date
Position End Date
We are looking for two nursing clinical instructors to start mid October.
Including but are not limited to:
- Teach courses as assigned by the College.
- Proficient teaching courses via in person, blended or online modalities.
- Available to teach daytime, evening, or weekend classes, as needed
- Available for student conferences either before or after class, and by College email if necessary
- Develop syllabus using MCC syllabus template
- Work cooperatively within the department, the division, and throughout the College in striving for educational excellence
- Conduct regular assessment of student learning
- Maintain and submit accurate student and course-related paperwork and data needed for College purposes in a timely fashion
- Document and report attendance daily and maintain and submit accurate attendance records weekly
- Submit grade reports electronically by the required date
- Utilize a variety of teaching styles in order to satisfy the different learning styles of students
- Utilize computer-based instruction and databases when necessary
- Proficiency in medical-surgical nursing
- Two years of hospital experience
- Willingness to use educational technology (i.e. course management platform such as Canvas)
- Demonstrated commitment to professional growth, especially regarding contemporary expertise specific to assigned teaching content
- Commitment to the mission of the community college, and to teaching and motivating community college students in ways appropriate to their diverse backgrounds and learning styles
- Strong communication, organization, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Master’s degree in Nursing
- Work experience in an acute care setting in the last two years
- Current and unrestricted Illinois RN license
- Certification in CPR
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated teaching experience
- Teaching experience
- Active in professional activities at local, state, and/or national levels
Applications accepted until the position is filled?
If No, Application Deadline Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
“MCC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION IN ITS COLLEGE COMMUNITY”
McHenry County College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color sex, national origin, or disability.
See Nondiscrimination Statement for details. http://www.mchenry.edu/nondiscrimination