Regional Class-A Truck Driver - 102620
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Rockford, IL 61104
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
As a Regional Driver for the Sherwin-Williams Award-Winning Private Fleet, you are responsible for safe and on-time pick-up and deliveries to our Sherwin-Williams retail stores. Covering the twelve midwestern state region, drivers assist with store deliveries by pulling freight to the rear of their trailers, using a pallet jack; allowing the retail store personnel to move the product from the rear of the trailer into their storage areas. Drivers are required to maintain accurate DOT trip logs, conduct vehicle inspections and comply with all DOT regulations. We proudly offer:
- $.55 cpm (including $.07cpm per diem)
- average 2200 – 2500 miles per week
- home weekly; primarily day driving, with some evening driving
- driving Volvo automatics with inverters, refrigerator, premium seats
- pulling 48’ trailers; some 53’ trailers for backhauls
- dedicated trucks with forward facing cameras
- other types of pay include: PUD pay, delay pay, pallet and hand weight pay, drop and hook pay, breakdown pay and safety meeting pay.
Our Regional Drivers average $85,000 per year. You will also have the opportunity to take advantage of a robust benefits package, which includes:
- Company-paid pension
- 401K with company match
- Medical, dental and vision insurance- starting 1st of month following date of hire
- Paid vacation and holidays
Sherwin-Williams driver job requirements include:
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Must have the legal right to work in this country without needing sponsorship now or in the future
- Must have a Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- Must have, or be willing to obtain, both a Hazardous Materials and Tanker endorsement
- Must have at least 2 years of Class A combination (tractor/trailer) driving experience within the last 10 years
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Inclusion and Diversity Supportive Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.