Offering Manager - Market Analysis- IBM Cloud for Financial
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60684
IBM Cloud for Financial Services is enabling new business transformation, security and compliance outcomes in hybrid and public cloud for mission-critical banking workloads. Ready to apply your proven positioning and sales enablement skills in financial services and hybrid cloud to guide our clients and offering?
Your Role and Responsibilities
At IBM, as a Market Analysis Offering Manager, you are responsible for informing and guiding offering and go-to-market strategy and execution based on user problems, industry trends and opportunities, and competitive capabilities. You’ll work across functions and IBM teams to develop actionable points of view.
Sound interesting? Here’s more…
You possess a keen eye for user and market trends, and key competitive differentiation and an overall understanding of our capabilities to increase IBM’s “share of mind”. You’ll master competitors’ offerings and portfolio to guide solution, services, ecosystem, client experience and offering operations. Both persuasive and technically conversant – especially interacting with Executive-level management – the Market Analysis Offering Manager will understand how the offering is positioned versus key competitors and other alternatives and drive enabling strategies and execution for the Cloud portfolio.
• Identify and prioritize growth opportunities in the financial services market and hybrid (public/private) cloud deployment models with supporting use cases mapped to the client journey and user/buyer personas, including user problems and business imperatives, workload and deployment model drivers and consumption models
• Lead solution-level competitive analysis, including hands-on technical analysis, inclusive of services, client experience, operations and go-to-market models, and drive supporting requirements
• Profile competitive differentiation by market segment, user/buyer persona, use case and operational criteria to inform offering positioning and enablement
Preferred work locations : Research Triangle Park, NC, Austin, Dallas, TX
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 10+ years in technology products/services offering/product management, with demonstrated experience in positioning offering capabilities and economic-based value propositions across market and customer segments, and relative to competitive market alternatives.
• 2+ years leading public cloud services for app/dev and analytics use cases, with demonstrated experience with cloud technology (Red Hat OpenShift, Kubernetes, virtual machines), analytics and machine learning technologies, pricing and business model strategies
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• 2+ years leading cloud products and services in hybrid cloud deployment models (public cloud and on-premises private cloud), with demonstrated
• 2+ years leading products/services for the financial services market, with experience in core banking and payments use cases, workloads and offerings
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds – public, private, and hybrid – enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.