Medical Device Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Round Lake, IL 60073
Position Title: Medical Device Engineer
Position Number: 350355
Location: Round Lake, IL 60073
Position Type: Long Term Contract
Required Skill Set:
Design Analysis, Engineer, Medical device, MS Excel
C2C is not available
Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.
Job Title: Medical Device Engineer
Requirement Number: 16249
Start date: ASAP
End date: 1 Year
Location: Round Lake, IL 60073 (This will be a mix of on site and remote work.)
Responsible for designing, developing, implementing and evaluating optimal, cost-effective projects and technologies. In addition to providing technical support and service to these areas, the incumbent may also perform the following functions: supervising, requisitioning, defining, initiating, specifying, documenting and training.
1) Act independently with minimal supervision to conduct smaller approved projects. Expected to make suggestion on improvements based on recent technical knowledge.
2) Able to contribute to cost estimating of major capital budget items and the spending of approved project funds.
3) Contribute to the planning and execution of components of the development process, which apply to product revision or enhancement or a defined piece of a larger project.
4) Ability to manage routine small projects without assistance.
5) Investigate and analyze design improvement suggestions. Recommend design improvements.
6) Perform standard engineering assignments which are typically a significant portion of a larger project. Select sound techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations under direction of supervisor. Assess results for application, validity and conformance to specifications. Recommend material and process specifications.
2) Utilize engineering tools to solve straightforward problems (e.g., FMEA, Finite Element Analysis, Process Modeling, Design of Experiments, Mold Flow, SPC)
1) Knowledge of the basic principles in various engineering disciplines.
2) Must have initial training in concepts of ?Six Sigma? quality techniques.
3) Must know how to effectively run projects, coordinate contractors, and direct the activities of a technician
Education / Experience
• Minimum requirement Bachelors of Science in Engineering (discipline: Mechanical, BioEngineer, Chemical Engineer, or etc.)
• 1 – 3 years’ experience of medical device experience
• Statistical background helpful
• Knowledge of DHF or DHF Remediation
• Medical Device Product Life Cycle, Design Controls
• Software: Microsoft Office: Word, Excel (pivot tables, V-looks), Outlook, PowerPoint; Minitab; DOORS; CAD
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)