Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oak Park, IL 60303
Welcome to RUSH!
Department: Central Processing Department
Work Type: Full Time (Total FTE between 0.9 and 1.0)
Shift: Shift 2 (12pm- 8:30pm; M- F; every other weekend)
Work Schedule: 8 Hr
The equipment tech is responsible for maintaining equipment as well as ordering and maintaining supplies and stocking isolation carts, crash carts, and intubation boxes. The tech is responsible for the day to day management of all nursing unit soiled and clean equipment that is processed in the Central Processing Department and exemplifies the Rush mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures.
• Receives requests from nursing unit clerks for clean equipment.
• Maintains all equipment that is utilized on the patient floors such as commodes, IV poles and pumps.
• Maintains cots for patient’s family members.
• Stocks all isolation carts and maintains the daily par levels on all nursing units when in use for patients.
• Wears pager and or phone to be contacted by nursing units and CPD staff and manager to help transport and process equipment maintained in the CPD department.
• Performs various clerical and transportation duties as needed.
• Assists in the manager or director with other duties as assigned in the CPD department.
• Possesses and utilizes proper disinfecting technique and isolation procedures when appropriate.
• Have computer skills necessary to perform PACs and EPIC functions.
Required Job Qualifications:
• Knowledge of hospital processes and basic infection control practices.
• Graduate of high school and have specialized training in hospital environment
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Computer skills.
• Verbal and written skills necessary to facilitate communication with a variety of personnel.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• 3 months to 1 year experience.
• Standing, walking, pushing, and bending for 75% of the day.
• Must be able to lift 20 pounds in order to handle cylinders.
• Must be highly adaptable to respond to changing workloads and priorities.
• Physical, visual, auditory as well as full body mobility to successfully and safely move equipment and supplies from nursing units to central processing department 100% of the time
RUSH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE EVALUATE QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, AND OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED CHARACTERISTICS.
Position Equipment Tech
Location US:IL:Oak Park
Req ID 261