Ultrasound Tech 2 PD
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oak Park, IL 60303
Welcome to RUSH!
Department: Diag Srvcs-US
Work Type: Restricted Part Time (Per Diem/ Registry)
Shift: Shift 1
Work Schedule: 8 Hr
Under the direction of the Senior Tech and with limited supervision, coordinates and performs CT examinations, contributing to the efficient operation of the department and promoting the philosophy, to ensure the quality of patient care.
The mission of Rush is to improve the health of the individuals and diverse communities we serve through the integration of outstanding patient care, education, research and community partnerships.
1. Receives and reviews requests for CT studies.
2. Accepts patients and assesses their condition to determine proper handling and special requirements.
3. Explains and prepares the patient for all CT procedures.
4. Relies on extensive knowledge of anatomy, physiology and effects of disease processes to ensure scans of diagnostic quality.
5. Operates highly complex equipment within the department, selecting technical factors to ensure high-quality scans using the A.L.A.R.A. standards.
6. Demonstrates the ability to cope with and manage change.
7. Maintains equipment and CT room in proper working condition. Reports malfunctions and necessary repairs to supervisory personnel.
8. Performs computer skills and shows working knowledge of patient orders, status changes patient charges and profiles.
9. Administers various agents to render specific organs or systems more opaque.
10. Possesses and utilizes proper aseptic technique and isolation procedures when appropriate.
11. Demonstrates the ability to organize patient care and set priorities by providing critical care first and by implementing the physician’s orders.
12. Must be available for on-call status after normal working hours.
13. Competent in the use of PACS, CR and EPIC systems.
Required Job Qualifications:
Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Program.
Bachelor of Science degree preferred.
Registered by the ARRT.
Current Active Illinois State License
Ability to deal efficiently and courteously with all hospital personnel.
Verbal and written skills necessary to facilitate communication with a variety of personnel.
Ability to maintain confidential information
Physical Demands/ Abilities:
Ability to lift 30 lbs and greater for 30% of the work day.
Visually and physically able to do computer work 90% of the work day.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
RUSH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE EVALUATE QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, AND OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED CHARACTERISTICS.
Position Ultrasound Tech 2 PD
Location US:IL:Oak Park
Req ID 245