Mammography Tech PD
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oak Park, IL 60303
Welcome to RUSH!
Department: Breast Center
Work Type: Restricted Part Time (Total FTE less than 0.5)
Shift: Shift 1
Work Schedule: 8 Hr
Provides quality patient care in an efficient and cost-effective manner and applies technical knowledge of breast imaging to produce quality diagnostic images. Exemplifies the Rush mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures.
• Assists in the care and maintenance of the breast imaging center, equipment, and supplies.
• Extensive knowledge of breast imaging examinations, including screening, diagnostic mammography, and interventional breast procedures.
• Follows departmental protocols and procedures in the performance of breast imaging studies and produces images that meets quality standards.
• Has knowledge of required FDA/MQSA standards and actively assists in the quality assurance program.
• Responsible for performing breast-imaging examinations, including screening, and diagnostic mammography in a manner that produces high quality images.
• Maintains a screening technical repeat rate of 2% or lower.
• Maintains patient privacy and confidentially.
• Maintains equipment and rooms in proper working condition.
• Reports malfunctions and necessary repairs to Lead.
• Mammography Technologist or other Supervisory personnel.
• Maintains exam rooms, patient waiting rooms and work areas in clean, orderly, and safe condition.
• May assume charge responsibility in the absence of Lead Mammography Technologist.
• Produces work in an efficient manner that meets departmental productivity standards.
• Provides assistance to the Radiologist when performing breast interventional procedures (i.e. Cyst Aspirations, Fine
• Needle Aspiration, Needle Localizations and Stereotactic Core Biopsies (Level 4)).
• Provides detailed patient history and/or other pertinent information necessary for proper interpretation of breast imaging studies and the performance of breast interventional procedures.
• Reports supply shortages or equipment failures to the Lead Mammography Technologist or Operations Manager.
Required Job Qualifications:
• Valid Illinois Emergency Management Agency license in Radiologic Technology.
• Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists in Mammography
• Able to work in a team-oriented environment
• Associates degree or higher
• Demonstrates good interpersonal and communication skills Knowledge of human anatomy, pathology and physiology
• Proficient in the operation of breast imaging equipment and IT related systems
• Requires full range of body motion to handle and lift patients when necessary
• Requires manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination
RUSH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE EVALUATE QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, AND OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED CHARACTERISTICS.
Position Mammography Tech PD
Location US:IL:Oak Park
Req ID 259