Digital Product Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tinley Park , IL 60477
Job Opening Announcement
Digital Product Manager
Goodheart-Willcox Publisher, Experts in Career and Technical Education (CTE), is seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic, customer focused, Digital Product Manager based out of a major metropolitan city or surrounding area. This is a newly created position that will help develop and support our digital assets and customers. The ideal candidate will have digital product and project management experience, and an understanding of the instructional design of digital learning solutions.
What youll do:
Coordinate and help guide efforts to diagnose and define customer requirements and use cases for technology-based instruction and learning solutions (core solutions, supplements, components, and supporting content), gather market requirements, and coordinate with appropriate internal and external stakeholders to translate market needs into product requirements.
Facilitates and supports the planning, design, development, and delivery of market-centric digital solutions for core, supplemental, and supporting media assets, including content, visual media, and assessments.
Project manages cross-functional team members and outside partners to facilitate communication, schedules, workflows, and alignment throughout the media design and development process for a given product.
- Hires and manages vendors and freelancers to complete specific media development tasks on time and budget.
- Understands fundamental aspects of instructional design with emphasis on digital learning solutions that address customer workflow and learning challenges.
- Inform, train and/or coordinate product teams and digital media teams on best practices, integrating appropriate practices and protocols into editorial planning and workflows.
Works with the editorial team to conduct market assessment and research — to understand the competitive environment and the needs of targeted instructors and learners.
Informs and addresses editorial and production workflow practices to ensure compliance with accessibility standards and other quality assurance or compliance practices.
- Supports the training of functional stakeholders on media product development processes and initiatives.
Travel as needed to attend conferences, events, or conduct on-campus visits as needed to inform development or promote digital solutions.
- Actively participates in and improves editorial and digital media team productivity and overall performance.
- Works with the marketing team to develop marketing plans for new and revised digital solutions.
- Makes sales presentations and assists in sales team training and customer support as needed.
- Represents digital product perspective to outside stakeholders, such as authors, vendors, associations, credentialing organizations, etc.
What youll bring:
Minimum of five years in the Educational publishing industry in editorial, sales, or marketing, required.
Experience guiding the conception, design, and creation of customer-focused digital solutions required.
- Bachelor degree required from a four-year college or university.
- Advanced degree is a plus.
- Market knowledge for CTE product disciplines preferred.
- Ability to utilize various technology tools such as word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software required.
- Able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously while maintaining quality and adhering to deadlines.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills.
What its like to work here:
At Goodheart-Willcox Publisher, you will be working in a professional environment, supported by a passionate and energetic team that is invested in your growth and success. This is your chance to join an established employee-owned company that has been publishing for the Career and Technical Education field since 1921. Driven by the mission We Build Careers, you will help educators implement and access our premier instructional materials, which helps students find and keep great careers, all while growing your own. Goodheart-Willcox has spent nearly a century building a culture that we are proud of. Our team members embody these core values:
Roll up your sleeves
Do the right thing
Goodheart-Willcox Publisher provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, ancestry and marital status, and other protected classes, in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
In addition, Goodheart-Willcox Publisher complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination of employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absence, compensation, and training.