Private Company Services - Assurance - Experienced Associate
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60684
Line of Service: Assurance
Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Time Type: Full time
Government Clearance Required: No
Available for Work Sponsorship: No
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
A career within Private Company services, will provide the opportunity to help private companies with a range of business advisory needs such as audit, tax compliance, and planning to help improve their operational efficiency and to free up time that can be spent focusing on business strategy. You’ll have the opportunity to experience the entire business life cycle of a private company from inception to growth, maturity and transition. Our team helps our clients design and implement personal and customised service plans that are unique to privately owned entities, entrepreneurs, and high net worth individuals. You’ll be assisting the team focus on key issues like wealth management, compliance, cash flow management, equity expansion, divestiture and exit strategies.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
+ Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
+ Share and collaborate effectively with others.
+ Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
+ Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
+ Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
+ Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
+ Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner – verbally and in the materials I produce.
+ Build and maintain an internal and external network.
+ Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
+ Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences :
Basic Qualifications :
Minimum Degree Required :
Required Fields of Study :
Minimum Years of Experience :
Certification(s) Required :
Before starting with PwC full-time, must be eligible to sit for the primary credential exam appropriate for relevant practice area, such as having 150 credit hours to sit for the CPA exam in certain states.. Credential must be obtained prior to being promoted to Manager.
Preferred Qualifications :
Degree Preferred :
Preferred Fields of Study :
Certification(s) Preferred :
CPA license. International hires or hires from a PwC affiliate firm to have obtained the equivalent accounting credential in selected individual’s home country.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills :
Working knowledge and exposure to the common business and accounting issues facing non-publicly traded companies in the manufacturing, distribution and services industry. These issues include but are not limited to: mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and (re)financing. Technical knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the United States (U.S. GAAP).
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and/or success as a team leader and team member within the US Assurance practice of a global network of professional services consulting firms, including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Staying current and applying applicable technical accounting and financial reporting standards, supporting resolution of technical issues through effective analysis of accounting standards/issues;
- Understanding and applying effectively auditing standards, firm audit methodology and guidance in work, proactively seeking to apply new guidance and tools in performing audit work;
- Setting leading examples with professional skepticism, independence, and objectivity, e.g. considering where client incentives or pressures exist and supporting the team in navigating auditor judgments;
- Identifying and elevating issues early, proposing solutions and communicating them effectively to team members and the client; and,
- Enhancing the quality of work by actively supervising and coaching others taking responsibility for the quality of work and performing a critical self-review, seeking proactively the advice of supervisors, and responding to feedback in a timely manner.
Experimentation with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
- innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions;
- working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.
- Utilizing extensive know-how of business financials, reporting processes, and management of engagement economics; and,
- Leveraging tools and techniques for research, analysis, and problem solving including Interpreting data/research, drawing conclusions, and sharing derived perspectives on major economic trends, current industry or sector trends, issues and opportunities with clients.
- Leveraging know-how of globalization and how it impacts local and global business considerations;
- Working effectively as part of a diverse delivery team; and,
- Applying a global lens to business issues, identifying potential opportunities for global convergences and divergence in analytics.
- Adjusting to shifting priorities and challenges and ability to juggle new and multiple tasks;
- Delegating effectively tasks and providing direction and support to more junior team members;
- Developing others by creating and supporting appropriate work assignments; and,
- Providing coaching and feedback candidly and constructively and receive feedback openly.
- Communicating confidently and effectively using a variety of communication styles across different contexts;
- Preparing for team and client interactions by anticipating others’ needs and tailoring content appropriately;
- Playing an active role in discussions, proactively ask questions and share an informed point of view; and,
- Recognizing the value of multiple and diverse perspectives and be comfortable challenging an established point of view.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.