Transport Team Dispatch Nurse
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60611
Transport Team Dispatch Nurse
Triages requests for and coordinates communications related to patient transfer to and from referring hospitals, offering stabilization advice, and coordinating all aspects of the transfer/admission process.Responsibilities
1. Triages and obtains an accurate and comprehensive assessment of the health status of the patient to be transported. Documents pertinent data including physical exam, lab and imaging results. Enters data into Transport Team log and compiles statistics as requested.
2. Collaborates with the Transfer Authorizing Physician (TAP) to determine admitting service, and with the Patient Access Center (PAC) to secure bed placement.
3. Determines the appropriate mode of transport in collaboration with the transport team members and TAP and dispatches Transport Team as appropriate. Collaborates with transport team members to determine the team composition, equipment needed, weather conditions and the mode of transportation for safe and expedient transport based on protocol and the stability of the patient.
4. Recommends appropriate medical interventions for the stabilization of critically ill patients to the referring facility based on transport team protocols, including anticipation of potential patient deterioration and emergency situations.
5. Works collaboratively with the referring and receiving facilities and physicians throughout the entire process ensuring and facilitating a continuous line of open communication until the patient arrives at destination.
6. Communicates with physician, nursing staff, other hospital personnel and ground/air transport services regarding patient condition and status of the transport.
7. Collaborates with Case Management and Resource Transport Team regarding inpatient transports to and from other institutions, mode of transport and team composition.
8. Maintains transport equipment and instrumentation in good working order and in a constant state of readiness. Evaluates new equipment and provides input for budget purposes.
9. Demonstrates awareness of legal issues associated with the transport process and strives to anticipate and appropriately manage risks.
10. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.Qualifications
1. Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing, bachelors of science in nursing preferred.
2. Current licensure as a registered nurse in the state of Illinois.
3. Basic Life Support Certification required. PALS/NRP/ACLS/TNCC preferred and will be required in the first year.
4. Three years of pediatric or neonatal critical care required (Pediatric Intensive Care, Neonatal Intensive Care, Emergency Department). Equivalent experience may be considered .
5. Demonstrates knowledge and use of nursing standards and transport protocols in the care and decision making for transfer of critically ill and injured patients.
6. Demonstrates extensive knowledge of neonatal/pediatric diagnoses and management.
7. Performs effectively in high stress situations.
8. Strong computer related skills, including the use of EPIC, Microsoft excel, word and outlook.Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.