Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Brookfield, IL 60513
The Chicago Zoological Society’s Brookfield Zoo is known throughout the world as a leader in animal welfare and conservation and has an exciting, fast-paced work environment and family friendly atmosphere. We are very customer focused as we host over 2 million guests at Brookfield Zoo each year. Our dedicated staff has a true sense of purpose and a strong commitment to animals and conservation.
You will use your prior experience administering welfare and 401(k) retirement benefits, as well as your experience with administration of leaves of absence to meet the day-to-day benefits needs of our union, non-union, full-time and temporary staff while assuring compliance with pertinent regulations and society policies.
The Benefits Administrator contributes to the success of the Chicago Zoological Society by effectively handling various administrative aspects of the Society’s benefits programs, leaves of absence, and employee wellness activities in support of the Society’s goal to be an Institution of Choice.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Provide support to the Manager, Employee Benefits (“Manager”) in administering day-to-day aspects of the Society’s group life, disability, health plan/policies, and retirement plan and assist with annual audit and reporting requirements. Responds to employee and manager inquiries.
• Responsible for leave of absence management. Assure compliance with pertinent regulations and Society policies. Ensures leave of absence vendor files are complete once closed. Assist staff with Time & Attendance tracking related to leaves. Work with Manager on non-standard leaves and special circumstances.
• Coordinate with the Sr. Manager of Human Resources on ADA accommodations requested and non-FMLA leaves. Coordinates with Safety on workers’ compensation leaves. Work with employees who file short and long-term disability claims. Coordinate life insurance waivers of premium, if applicable.
• Manage Employee Assistance Program (“EAP”), wellness, promotions, and activities such as Health Fairs, employee communications, and education. Investigate trends, options, and makes recommendations to enhance wellness program offerings and program with a focus on promoting healthy lifestyles, prevention, and cost containment.
• Conduct new hire benefits orientation and enrollment for eligible staff. Prepares for and conducts annual benefits enrollment process with the Manager. Generate and processes COBRA paperwork for eligible beneficiaries. Reconciles and processes accurate monthly billings for payment in a timely fashion. Process COBRA and retiree remittances, updates budget, work with Finance to resolve inquiries, and assist Manager with benefit annual renewals, contracts, and RFPs.
• Provide support to Manager in conducting benefit and leave self-audits. Assure compliance with IRS, IRC, DOL, FMLA, FLSA, ADA, ACA, COBRA, HIPAA, and other regulations pertinent to benefits and leaves. Ensure distribution of required employee notices. Assist in the required training of staff on compliance as requested.
• Under general supervision, assists with projects related to the development and implementation of strategy, communications, and process improvement for employee benefits, wellness, leaves, and other HR initiatives. Work with Manager and/or Sr. Vice President of Human Resources to implement HRIS customizations related to benefits, leaves, and maintain assigned information. Assist managers in writing and reviewing pertinent policies and procedures related to these functions. Ensures Intranet and on-line content is accurate and up to date related to benefits and leaves.
• Proactively works with Marketing Sponsorship staff, retailers, and Chambers of Commerce, etc. to secure and promote discounts to offer to CZS staff with Manager and SVP approval. Responsible for keeping the employee discounts page on the employee Intranet current.
• Perform other related duties as assigned or requested to assure successful achievement of the Society’s objectives.