Relationship Banker 341
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Washington, IL 61571
Relationship Bankers are the frontline representatives and therefore the face of Heartland Bank and Trust Company within the communities we serve. This essential role is responsible for retaining and growing existing customer relationships and developing new ones through a variety of proactive sales and service activities.
All Heartland Bank Relationship Bankers are multi-functional, customer-oriented, and ready to meet the retail needs of any Heartland Bank customer to the very best of their ability. Relationship Bankers proactively promote all Heartland Bank products and services. They build loyalty, assess needs, and simplify decision-making of Heartland Bank customers by presenting financial solutions that fit their needs in a clear and compelling way.
Possesses excellent customer service skills and can master transactional and routine customer service, including traditional teller functions. Recognize customer needs and potential relationship building opportunities, including needs-based discovery of all bank products and services. Exercises independent judgement and seeks assistance as needed.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform Teller transactions throughout the day, paying specific attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency, and possible fraud. Handle large amounts of cash. Pay attention to detail. Count cash and replenish cash, balance transactions, and meet all cash handling policy requirements.
- Follow all bank policies and procedures, while exercising good judgement ensuring that risk of fraud is minimized.
- Manage the customer experience by greeting customers and answering the phone promptly and professionally, while assessing the unique needs of each customer.
- Acquire, expand, and retain relationships through relationship-building conversations with customers and non-customers to develop new business. This includes making referrals to other HBT business lines.
- Facilitate the consumer loan application process.
- Understand and promote Bank products, services, and A+ Customer Experience program.
Core Essential Job Requirements
- All employees must be able to relate well to customers and coworkers in a positive atmosphere of mutual respect without exhibiting behavioral extremes
- Provide exceptional customer care (both internal and external) in a manner that satisfies individual needs of each customer and builds loyalty to Heartland Bank
- Maintain confidentiality of all customer and employee information
- Demonstrate attention to detail and produce accurate, high quality work
- Produce an amount of work that meets or exceeds job expectations
- Fully utilize systems, tools, training and resources provided to maximize potential
- Respond positively to feedback and redirection
- Assist other departments as needed
- Demonstrate regular attendance and punctuality
- Positively promote Heartland Bank within the community
- Speak English clearly
- Make calls on customers and non-customers to develop new business and to enhance relationships with existing customers
- Participate in various professional associations (exempt-employees) and community activities to enhance the Banks image and to further personal development
Other Job Requirements
- Participate in various Retail and bank projects as necessary.
- Basic computer skills with interest and ability to learn new applications
Proficient in Onbase look up, Xperience inquiry, Xperience Teller, ISNet, OTRS usage, Synapsys usage, OnBoard Deposits, eSign and all standard Microsoft applications.
Education and Experience Requirements
Associate’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
Minimum one year experience in Banking
Minimum one year experience in Sales/Marketing, Retail, Sales Associate
- Must comply with all requirements of the SAFE Act and obtain a United Identifier from the NMLS
- Regularly: talking, hearing
- Frequently: standing, walking, feeling/touching, vision – close, peripheral, depth, ability to adjust focus
- Occasionally: sitting, climbing and/or balancing, reaching with arms and hands, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling, lifting objects up to 30 pounds
Heartland Bank and Trust Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer