Credit Analyst I 349
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Aurora, IL 60503
The Credit Analyst independently identifies and quantifies risks related to business credit requests and existing commercial loan relationships. The Credit Analyst is responsible for analyzing financial information and communicating his/her findings through clear, concise, well-written analysis reports as well as verbal recommendations to management to optimize credit underwriting decisions. In addition, the Credit Analyst may assist loan officers with renewals and other portfolio management functions.
Essential Job Functions Include but are not limited to:
- Prepare written credit analysis reports of most types of large commercial borrowing relationships, requesting assistance as needed.
- Translate financial information clearly and effectively for decision-makers, requesting assistance as needed.
- Basic understanding of lending in order to collaborate with loan officers to structure financing and negotiate terms based on risk considerations.
- Assist with monitoring the existing loan portfolio to ensure early detection of potential problems.
- Prepare monthly reports analyzing the Banks financial position.
- Assist in formulating quarterly worksheets evaluating the Banks higher risk customers.
Core Essential Job Requirements
- All employees must be able to relate well to customers and coworkers in a positive atmosphere of mutual respect without exhibiting
- behavioral extremes
- Provide exceptional customer care (both internal and external) in a manner that satisfies individual needs of each customer and builds loyalty to Heartland Bank
- Positively promote Heartland Bank within the community
- Maintain confidentiality of all customer and employee information
- Respond positively to feedback and redirection
- Fully utilize systems, tools, training and resources provided to maximize potential
- Assist other departments as needed
- Speak English clearly
- Demonstrate regular attendance and punctuality
Computer Skills Requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and other common office software.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
One year of Credit/Lending experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
Frequently: talking, hearing, vision – close, peripheral, depth, ability to adjust focus
Occasionally: standing, walking, climbing and/or balancing, reaching with arms and hands, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling, feeling/touching, lifting objects up to 30 pounds
Heartland Bank and Trust Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer