Res Assistant II Fernandez
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60684
Res Assistant II Fernandez
Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago. To view open positions, please enter your search criteria below. You may view all open positions by not specifying any search criteria and selecting the “Search” button.
Bookmark this Posting (/bookmarks?posting_id=14506)
Print Preview (/postings/14506/print_preview)
Apply for this Job (/postings/14506/pre_apply)
RESEARCH ASST II
Maywood-Health Sciences Campus
Is this split and/or fully grant funded?
Duties and Responsibilities
manage and execute complex experiments and technical procedures as directed by the Principal Investigator involving animal surgeries, tissue or cell cultures and making
direct experimental measurements
- Maintain and be responsible for setting up animal breeding cages, weaning and
genotyping. Maintain database and records associated with animal breeding. Assist with
writing IACUC protocols
- Independently perform experimental techniques and operate specialized equipment
required to complete projects. May set up experimental design and lab techniques. May
draft abstracts, manuscripts and posters for publication and/or presentation.
- Perform in-depth analysis using Prism software. Perform literature searches on
computer and retrieve literature from library. Develop specific protocols and methodology
for new experiments.
- Assist with inventory of essential lab supplies and responsibility for ensuring necessary
items are available. Assist with orderly record of purchases. Ensure maintenance of
equipment and more sophisticated lab instruments. Serve as liaison to vendors for
purchasing new and maintaining existing equipment.
- Ensure lab environment complies with safety regulations and assume responsibility for
safety in the lab. Maintain a safe and orderly lab environment.
- Implement experiments and perform lab techniques specific to lab and in accordance
with direction from the Principal Investigator
- Primary authority in training new lab personnel, assigning and checking work. May train
and provide oversight of medical and graduate students and other lab users.
- Perform other duties as required
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
Minimum Education: Required: Bachelors Degree Preferred: Masters Degree Specify Degree(s): Biological or physical sciences Minimum Experience: Required: 1-2 years of previous job-related experience Preferred: 3-5 years of previous job-related experience
Bachelor of Science degree in biology, molecular biology, microbiology or related field
- Excellent bench skills
- Flexible with technological challenges
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills
- Goal and deadline oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skills, as
evidenced by a publication record
Proficienty with MS Office Suite, Internet and email applications
Required operation of university owned vehicles
Does this position require direct animal or patient contact?
Standing, Repetitive Motions
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link for Posting