Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
ELMHURST, IL 60126
If you want to work for an innovative Wholesale Distribution company, Robert Half Finance has an opportunity for you as a full-time Staff Accountant. You might thrive in this role if you are driven by a challenging work environment with many components. You might be a good fit for this Staff Accountant position if you can prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation. This role is for someone who wants to perform internal reporting during the monthly close, participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules reporting processes. This Staff Accountant position is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity to work for a company that recognizes and rewards hard work. This is a position you will thrive in, if you are a detail-oriented and analytical thinker with a talent for creating Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets.
How you will make an impact
- Handle intercompany transactions, billings, and reconciliation
- In-depth knowledge of reconciling month end balance sheet accounts
- Organize and review a variety of financial data, reporting it in a way that is useful and understandable
- Regularly maintain and reconcile journal entries
- Compose journal entries and conduct the month end close with minimal supervision
- Compose monthly balance sheet reconciliations for management reporting
- Ad hoc reporting and performing special projects upon request
- Prepare complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Maintain, implement, and adhere to internal controls while ensuring that accounting procedures comply with GAAP
- Partake in a variety of department-wide initiatives
- Support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process by preparing monthly financial close workbooks
- Organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and proven ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting
- Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
- Vow to meet business deadlines
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
- 3+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
- Experience with ERP systems
- Foundational knowledge in budgeting
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- CPA Designation experience required
- Expertise in month end closings
- Strong familiarity with account reconciliation
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Salary: $60,000.00 – $80,000.00 / Yearly
Location: ELMHURST, IL
Date Posted: December 28, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 01380-0011627092
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance