Research Specialist I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60684
Research Specialist I
Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago. To view open positions, please enter your search criteria below. You may view all open positions by not specifying any search criteria and selecting the “Search” button.
Apply for this Job
-Maintain (genotype and breeding) transgenic mouse colony
-Maintain cell cultures and conduct PI-directed molecular biology and protein analysis-type experiments
-Organize and conduct complex data analysis
-Prepare reagent solutions and buffers for the laboratory
-Oversee ordering and organizational support to the laboratory. Maintain and update inventories of stocks and materials.
-Ensure laboratory compliance and related duties with safety regulations
Minimum Education: Required: Bachelors Degree Specify Degree(s): Molecular Biology, Biology, Biochemistry or Chemistry Minimum Experience: Required: 3-5 years of previous job-related experienceQualifications
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to communicate verbally.
- Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Ability to work on routine job with interpersonal contact skill.
- Ability to interact with internal and external constituents.
Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Excel, Basic Keyboarding SkillsSupervisory Responsibilities No Required operation of university owned vehicles No Does this position require direct animal or patient contact? Yes Physical Demands None Working Conditions Animals Open Date 12/17/2020 Close Date Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link for Posting https://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/14766