High School Principal
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
The Principal/Director of Career & Technical Education is responsible for the overall operation, promotion, expansion, and maintenance of the Career and Technical Education (CTE) program and curriculum.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: (May not include all duties assigned)
• Prepares and administers budgets for the System and uses appropriate bid procedures to purchase equipment and supplies.
• Oversees vendor and service contracts as warranted
• Assists with the supervision of all instructional personnel in the Vocational Education Program.
• Actively pursues state and federal funds for vocational and technical education programs.
• Maintains close working relationship with community and state agencies and area commerce, industry and labor organizations, to provide training consistent with identified needs.
• Promotes health and safety in the educational program by conforming with regulations of the State.
• Establishes, promotes and directs the local vocational area programs of School District.
• Interprets and carries out Board of Education and central office policies and procedures.
• Maintains all records, inventories, and reports pertaining to the System.
• Assists with development of the program’s master schedule and staff supervision.
• Arranges professional development for CTE staff.
• Assumes responsibility for the collection, review and submission of all forms and reports relative to vocational education to the state and other external agencies.
• Provides leadership for the System’s instructional programs and services.
• Performs such other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
• Master’s degree in educational leadership, business administration or related field.
• Illinois Professional Educator License with “General Administrative” approval/endorsement required.
• Approval/endorsement by the Illinois State Board of Education in one or more of the following occupational areas (Secondary Grades 9 thru 12): Agriculture, health, industrial technology, family and consumer science, and business required.
• Minimum of 2,000 hours of employment experience in non-education field required.
• Minimum of three years of experience in grants writing/management preferred.
• Three years of successful teaching experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of rules and regulations affecting Career and Technical Education.
• Best practices in technical education curriculum and instruction.
• Current state and national performance standards for high school students.
• Evaluating assistant principals, teachers, and staff to improve performance.
• Lead a team to effectively implement reform
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Assess problems and generate and implement solutions
• Take initiative, be self-directed, and achieve goals with minimal supervision
• Focus staff on goal of student achievement