Mortgage Loan Originator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Champaign, IL 61820
Develops relationships and solicits business from referral partners such as realtors, builders, bank colleagues, attorneys, and CPAs. Primary responsibilities include the collecting and analyzing of prospects income, assets and liabilities in in order to advise them on the most appropriate mortgage products as well as other products and services to meet their financial needs.
- Responsible for the sales and origination of family residential loans within predetermined guidelines and rates set forth by the Bank and its investors.
- Responds to customer’s residential mortgage needs by analyzing their financial profile and identifying the appropriate mortgage program for them.
- Follows-up with applicants and secures the necessary information to process and underwrite the loan; conducting site visits if needed.
- Provides assistance to help potential borrowers successfully qualify for financing.
- Consistently achieves volume and/or unit production targets.
- Works cooperatively and constructively with a wide variety of people, cross-functional teams, community- based organizations, title companies and referral partners.
- Actively cross-sells bank products where applicable.
- Projects a positive attitude and act with integrity at all times
- Deliver best-in-class customer service.
- Provides support at bank sponsored events
- Must adhere to pertinent state and federal laws and regulations, Companys Compliance Policy and external compliance requirements.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
- Bachelors degree in business, finance, real estate, or related field preferred
- Ability to obtain NMLS State License or Federal NMLS Registration
- 1+ years experience in real estate and/or mortgage
- Strong entrepreneurial and business development/sales experience/skills
- Knowledge of FHA, FNMA and FHLMS underwriting guidelines
- Knowledge of mortgage compliance regulations
- Business acumen and judgment- bank mortgage products, policies, and procedures
- Needs analysis skills – analyzing information regarding customer income/debts, etc.
- Interpersonal/Persuasive/Influencing and negotiation skills
- Energy, Drive, Ambition
- Learns From Mistakes
- Putting People at Ease
- Getting Information, Making Sense of IT, Problem Identification
- Being a Quick Study
- Knowledge: Trade and Business
- Maintains Clear Communication with Customer
Midland States Bancorp, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other applicable federal or state-protected classification.