Geotechnical Engineer 5
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60684
CDM Smith is looking to hire a full time Senior Geotechnical Engineer with expertise in geotechnical engineering and underground construction. As a member of our Geotechnical Team you could contribute to CDM Smith’s mission by:
- Functioning as a technical specialist competent in design and construction works and experienced with the excavation support systems as well as construction of tunneling and underground works in various types of ground conditions.
- Possessing knowledge and expertise in bored and mined tunnels and underground construction works.
- Possessing experience in contract administration for tunneling works.
- Working in a team with Resident Engineers and the Project Manager.
- Maintaining and controlling site records as required.
- Writing engineering reports, daily field reports and preparing contract documents
- Performing Site supervision/Inspection of construction works as the Owner’s Engineer to monitor and confirm work is carried out per specification/approved construction drawings and work plans
- Coordinating with individuals both within and external to CDM Smith including working with clients in the public and private sectors.
Geotechnical Engineer 5
CDM Smith Employment Type:
- Bachelor’s degree in Geotechnical, Civil, Mining or Geologic Engineering or related discipline. Professional engineering (PE) license.
- 7 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Tunnel Engineering or Engineering Geology/Mining Engineering.
- Registered Professional Civil/Geotechnical Engineer in Illinois, Iowa or Texas.
- Experience in all types of subsurface explorations, laboratory testing, foundation engineering, analysis, engineering report writing, preparation of contract documents.
- Experience working on construction projects for large civil engineering projects for tunnels, microtunnel, horizontal directional drilling (HDD), support of excavations, and underground infrastructure.
- Experience with water, wastewater conveyance or transportation projects with state, county and municipal agencies is preferred.
- (3) years of construction related working experience in pipe jacking, micro tunneling, underground works, or tunneling in both rock and soft ground conditions.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Illinois – Chicago
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position