Retail Lead 375
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bloomington, IL 61705
Retail Leads are operational experts who are responsible for assisting the branch management with oversight of daily operations and performance within the branch. Retail Leads are the first line of assistance to the Retail Banking staff. This position is responsible for building loyalty to the organization, implementing procedures, scheduling, training, and overseeing frontline tasks. Retail Leads are responsible for addressing audit and compliance, communicating new policies and procedures to employees, and supporting implementation. These individuals provide assistance, retraining, and oversight as necessary. Demonstrates the ability to independently make and communicate sound decisions based upon Bank policies, knowledge, and experience.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to:
- Perform Teller transactions throughout the day, paying specific attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency, and possible fraud. Handle large amounts of cash. Pay attention to detail. Count cash and replenish cash, balance transactions, and meet all cash handling policy requirements.
- Train and ensure all retail staff understand and follow bank policies and procedures, while exercising good judgement ensuring that risk of fraud is minimized.
- Manage the customer experience by greeting customers and answering the phone promptly and professionally, while assessing the unique needs of each customer.
- Acquire, expand, and retain relationships through relationship-building conversations with customers and non-customers to develop new business. This includes making referrals to other HBT business lines.
- Perform retail duties as needed including customer transactions, opening and servicing deposit accounts, and consumer lending.
- Understand and promote Bank products, services, and A+ Customer Experience program.
- Schedule staff to maintain optimal coverage and standards of service
- Ensures Retail staff implements, observes, and understands audit functions and procedures, resulting in an acceptable audit rating.
Core Essential Job Requirements
- All employees must be able to relate well to customers and coworkers in a positive atmosphere of mutual respect without exhibiting behavioral extremes
- Provide exceptional customer care (both internal and external) in a manner that satisfies individual needs of each customer and builds loyalty to Heartland Bank
- Maintain confidentiality of all customer and employee information
- Demonstrate attention to detail and produce accurate, high quality work
- Produce an amount of work that meets or exceeds job expectations
- Fully utilize systems, tools, training and resources provided to maximize potential
- Respond positively to feedback and redirection
- Assist other departments as needed
- Demonstrate regular attendance and punctuality
- Positively promote Heartland Bank within the community
- Speak English clearly
- Make calls on customers and non-customers to develop new business and to enhance relationships with existing customers
- Participate in various professional associations (exempt-employees) and community activities to enhance the Banks image and to further personal development
Other Job Requirements
- Participate in various retail and bank projects as necessary.
- Basic computer skills with interest and ability to learn new applications
Proficient in Onbase look up, Silverlake inquiry and maintenance, OTRS usage, Synapsys usage, OnBoard Deposits, and all standard Microsoft applications.
Education and Experience Requirements
Associate’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Banking
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Sales/Marketing/Retail
- Must comply with all requirements of the SAFE Act and obtain a Unique Identifier from the NMLS
- Regularly: sitting, talking, hearing, feeling/touching, vision – close, peripheral, depth, ability to adjust focus
- Frequently: walking, lifting objects up to 30 pounds
- Occasionally: sitting, climbing and/or balancing, reaching with arms and hands, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling
Heartland Bank and Trust Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer