CLIENT TECH ANALYST
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60684
CLIENT TECH ANALYST
Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago. To view open positions, please enter your search criteria below. You may view all open positions by not specifying any search criteria and selecting the “Search” button.
Apply for this Job
1. Perform diagnosis of technology and/or desktop application-related problems, with the ultimate goal of resolving issues. Identify recurring problems, providing feedback to appropriate ITS support team members for root-cause resolution.
2. Professionally respond to Service Desk tickets, customer calls, email, voice mail, and hardware/software requests. Provide proactive updates to customers. Maintain call tracking accuracy.
3. Assign Service Desk call tickets that cannot be resolved on the initial contact to the appropriate queue for further assistance, providing any necessary follow-up.
4. Provide customer service and end-user training for a variety of services, including desktop applications, enterprise applications, and mobile devices.
5. Recover, restore, and maintain data recovery for upgraded as well as failing machines.
6. Participate and/or lead technical projects.
7. Promote a professional work environment dedicated to customer service and team work
8. Provide written status to manager as required.
9. Work as a team member with other Information Technology Services staff to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems and applications.
10. Other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred. At least two years of progressive experience in a help desk or technical support environment required.Qualifications
- At least two years of experience in a help desk or technical support environment required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Excellent and persuasive communication (oral, written, presentation), interpersonal and consultative skills to work effectively with external customers and providers, and internal clients at all levels of the University.
- Core consulting skills such as business writing and presenting, and analytic comparisons.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business processes, technical procedures, and user documentation.
- Ability to develop and write reports, business correspondence, and procedure documentation.
- Able to communicate technical ideas and concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand and apply concepts such as resource utilization, work effort, percent to complete and project health
- Must be detail oriented, results focused, possess effective written and verbal communication skills, and be able to support change management initiatives.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Generates creative solutions; Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in both group and individual problem solving situations.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Responds promptly to client needs; Solicits client feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing environments and business situations.
- Proactively manages change through existing change management processes, and project risks through early identification, negotiation and/or escalation when required.
- Evaluate technology problems and create manageable solutions.
- Able to synthesize complex or diverse information at an enterprise level.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic; Ability to work independently and in team settings; Focuses on accountability and problem and conflict resolutions; Maintains confidentiality and follows ITS and other University policies regarding data security and protection; Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others; Able to communicate technical ideas and concepts to non-technical audiences; Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; supports and engages with University DEI initiatives.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; handles sensitive and confidential issues and materials appropriately.
- Must be hands-on, detailed oriented and have the ability to quickly adapt to changes and new ideas.
- Supports organization’s goals and values; Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Adapts strategy to changing conditions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Strong administrative and organizational skills.
The majority of the work for this position will occur within the standard work week. However, this position will be on-call, and may need to work during off-hours to respond to problems, maintenance, and scheduled projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Certificates/Credentials/Licenses
Experience supporting the following technologies: Windows 10, Microsoft Office (including Outlook), macOS, network printing systems, and mobile devices (iOS, Android).
Knowledge of general troubleshooting techniques for diagnosing issues with operating systems, applications, network connectivity, and computer hardware.Supervisory Responsibilities No Required operation of university owned vehicles No Does this position require direct animal or patient contact? No Physical Demands Lifting, Carrying Working Conditions None Open Date 01/13/2021 Close Date Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link for Posting https://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/14918