Saw Operator Press
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Roscoe, IL 61073
American Aluminum Extrusion supplies quality aluminum extrusions and fabrications with high standards for meeting or exceeding design and tolerance specifications in some of the most demanding fabricated product markets.
AAE has an immediate opening for a Saw Operator Press. This full-time hourly position is located in Roscoe, IL.
• Set-up the saw to required specifications, completing first piece inspections before proceeding.
• Operate the saw to cut materials per the specifications on the work order, ensuring the materials meet all quality standards.
• Ensure the smooth flow of racks to and from the saw, making sure that the completed pallets have the material properly banded on them and then stored in their proper place.
• Contact maintenance personnel immediately if there are issues pertaining to the performance of the saw operation, blades, forklift operation, crane operation, etc.
• Instruct the saw helpers as to what tolerances to use for the inspection of bows and twists.
• Oversee the ticketing of the material to make sure the information on the tags are correct.
• Communicate to the incoming shift of any problems that may have been experienced throughout the shift and the status of production.
• Oversee the end of shift clean up procedures.
• Complete documentation as required.
• Follow all safety requirements including forklift inspections and documentation.
• Complete all other duties as assigned.
• Cross-train, learn and support other functions or processes as required.
• Ability to interpret work orders, set-up and run saws efficiently and safely.
• Ability to read a tape measure and any other instruments required.
• Ability to complete accurate documentation and work on computers.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, working safely.
• Flexible to work overtime or change shifts as required.
Join us! We are looking for the best—those who are not afraid to roll up their sleeves to grow with our organization, personally and professionally!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.