Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
/Are you ready to be a part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?/
Apply Now and move your career forward with Airgas as a Lab Analyst in Elk Grove Village, IL!
What you will do:
The Lab Analyst/Technician provides analytical and technical support for the production and certification of gas cylinders. This position is primarily responsible for the certification of candidate gas standards in compliance with customer requirements; federal, state, local regulations; and the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) of Airgas.
- Performs cylinder analyses & ensures compliance in accordance with the National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST), Food & Drug Administration (FDA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), ISO, Department of Transportation (DOT), and Safety Management System (SMS) objectives.
o Calculates to produce mixtures to meet required production tolerances and documents analytical results. Makes flammable/oxidizer calculations where necessary to ensure that a mixture can be safely made.
o Selects cylinders and valve combinations to ensure compatibility with the mix and compliance with regulatory requirements.
o Performs analyses of gas mixtures related to composition and compliance with production and analytical tolerances investigating any discrepancies. Performs analysis on samples of pure gases to determine levels of impurities and comparison with Airgas specifications to determine whether the sample passes or fails.
o Calculates and documents analytical results.
o Operates control panels, containing valves and pressure gauges, and scales to accurately measure components into cylinders.
o Blends a full range of components including flammable gases, corrosive materials, toxic materials, and liquefiable components.
- Provides customers with the highest level of service by ensuring that all special product requests are met.
- Provides technical support to production lab by validating standards and performing intermediate analyses as needed.
- Completes all necessary documentation to accurately record all production actions.
- Supports all safety standards in the production of cylinder gases including assisting with internal industrial, medical and specialty gas audits as directed by manager. Complies with company guidelines and procedures as well as government regulations relating to the safe handling of hazardous materials/cylinder gases including loading methods, loading for safety, availability of cylinders, and weight distribution.
- Maintains a positive and productive work environment through active participation in laboratory meetings and assigned team activities.
The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
What you will have:
- High school degree or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Chemistry or related degree field strongly preferred.
- Prefer prior technical experience with compressed/welding gases, gas analysis and gas lab equipment.
- Prior experience utilizing SAP preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of how to leverage metrics and related tools to improve production efficiency and effectiveness.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Communication skills that ensure a smooth flow of information between self and others through clear speaking and writing, encouragement of open expression of ideas, and effective listening.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to meet management requirements and customer expectations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percent.
- Self-starter; self-motivated; well organized; ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to safely drive a forklift.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
We take care of you:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
“Great place to work with great growth potential” – Director, Atlanta
“Opportunity to advance and a great safety program” – Driver, Cheshire
“Fun people to work with and flexible management” – Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title: Lab Analyst
Location: Illinois-Elk Grove Village-60007
Requisition ID: 30984