Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Tinley Park , IL 60477
What you’ll do:
• Maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and service mission-critical backend services, including internet, phone, network, email, backup, endpoint security, RDS, and VPN services.
• Maintain, install, upgrade, update, and repair physical and virtual server environments, including operating system, hardware, network, and software components. Provision, monitor, and decommission virtual and physical servers as needed.
• Monitor overall datacenter environment; proactively identify and mitigate potential datacenter issues. Monitor event logs for issues.
• Keep all datacenter and endpoint systems on current patch levels, including hardware, software, firmware, operating systems, etc.
• Assess potential security threats, audit and implement security strategies and policies to ensure network, server, endpoint, and digital assets are secure.
• Maintain system backups, ensuring all systems are backed up daily and resolve any issues quickly.
• Maintain and test disaster recovery plan.
• Maintain all other hardware and software datacenter components.
• Work with vendors on new installs, upgrades, troubleshooting, maintenance, etc.
• Proactively identify areas in which efficiency can be improved, automation implemented, and costs reduced where there is IT involvement; review and recommend software, systems and policies, and/or develop solutions to address.
• Maintain confidentiality regarding employee, company, and customer information at all times.
• Assist with after-hours projects, system maintenance, and incident response.
• Assist end users with software and hardware system support as needed.