CNC Machine Operator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
South Elgin, IL 60177
The CNC machinist operates computer numerical control machines to fabricate parts. The CNC machinist loads parts in the machine, cycles machine and detects malfunctions in machine operations, such as worn or damaged cutting tools. The position runs production lots, communicates with co-workers regarding productions runs, and maintains a safe, organized and clean work environment.
- Position Responsibilities
- Performs all assigned machine shop operations.
- Follow all work, maintenance, and safety instructions and procedures.
- Maintain quality standards by visually and/or dimensionally inspecting production material and finished products by detecting and reporting defective materials, questionable conditions, machine problems or malfunctioning equipment to Set-Up Person, Group Leader, Shop Foreman or Quality Personnel.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition.
- Regularly performs boring, milling, turning, drilling, tapping, de-burring, countersinking, sawing and sanding tasks to drawing specifications on a variety of parts.
- Assists Set-Up personnel as needed.
- Use program and tools, position pre-set tools in magazine according to code numbers, set machine and fixtures according to layout and tooling list.
- Operate/attend additional machines during the automatic cycle of the machine center as needed.
- Meet productivity and quality goals provided by the Group Leader, Quality Manager, and/or Shop Foreman.
- Listen to machines during operation to detect sounds such as those made by dull cutting tools or excessive vibration, and adjust machines to compensate for problems.
- Possess and utilize own precision measuring instruments
- Communicate effectively
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to read a caliper, micrometer
- Practical knowledge of general shop mathematics
- Strong attention to detail
- Teamwork mentality
Preferred Education and Experience
High school diploma and 1-2 years Operator experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The position requires lifting, pushing and pulling objects that are 50 pounds or heavier.
KrisDee and Associates offers its full-time employees competitive health insurance, 401k partial matching program, company paid life and short-term disability insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation, and other benefits.
Day Shift 6AM – 4:30PM; Night Shift 6PM – 4:30AM
E-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your resume to the following:
Krisdee & Associates
Attn: Human Resources
755 Schneider Drive
South Elgin, IL 60177.