Network Engineer (Security)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
The primary purpose of this position is to design, build, support, and maintain the systems and technology needed to provide the services offered by the company.
• Responsible for the engineering, configuration, installation, maintenance and upgrade of technologies necessary to support the services provided by the company.
• Provide technical support to customers and departments/users.
• Review and resolve anomalies that are broad and potentially service impacting. Escalate to appropriate resource or management if necessary.
• Research, evaluate and recommend hardware and software solutions.
• Act as an escalation point for customer issues.
• Administer and support the following network storage devices: EMC, Nimble, Tegile.
• Plan the implementation activities prior to the installation and/or configuration of technical solutions.
• Implement and support technology solutions, such as CUCM, ASA firewalls, routers and switches, VMWare environments, UCS environments, and more, in accordance with best practices and company policies.
• Specialize in one or more areas of concentration including but not limited to Networking, Security, Collaboration, Virtualization, Storage, Software, Datacenters, and Systems Architecture.
• Serve as a liaison with customers, vendors and other third-party providers.
• Attend product education conferences on an as needed basis.
• Obtain and maintain technical certifications such as CCNP, CCNA, ASE, and VCP.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or GED.
• At least 2 years of experience with Cisco routing and switching technologies is required.
• Experience in any of the areas indicated below is highly desired:
o Firewalls: Cisco, Palo Alto, Fortinet.
o IPSEC VPNs and DMVPN.
o Cisco Firepower and Cisco WSA.
o Cisco CUCM, Jabber, SME, and Expressway.
o Familiarity with SD-WAN solutions: Talari or Silverpeak.
• Cisco configuration and troubleshooting skills across multiple platforms including: Cisco routers, Cisco switches, Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco CUCM, and Cisco wireless solutions is preferred.
• CCNA and/or CCNP certification preferred.
• Must be available to be part of the on-call rotation, which includes nights and weekends.
• Possess and maintain mid-level technical certifications in designated area(s) of expertise and to make those certifications available to the company for the purpose of meeting vendor and partner program requirements. Additionally, obtain new certifications as needed and directed by the company.
• Pursue advance certifications with the goal of becoming a Senior Network Engineer.
• Must be self-motivated with strong sense of ownership.
• Good documentation skills.
• Must work well both individually and in a team environment.
• Must be comfortable talking to customers.
• Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
• Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with vendors, customers, employees, and the general public.
MNJ is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer