Client Accounting/EBilling Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60602
Cornerstone Research provides economic and financial consulting and expert testimony in all phases of complex litigation and regulatory proceedings. We work with a broad network of testifying experts, including prominent faculty and industry practitioners, in a distinctive collaboration. Our staff consultants contribute expertise in economics, finance, accounting, and marketing, as well as business acumen, familiarity with the litigation process, and a commitment to produce outstanding results.
Named one of the Best Workplaces by Inc. Magazine, at Cornerstone Research you will be part of a thriving team of more than 700, spanning eight offices, comprising more than 40 nationalities, and leading the industry in its commitment to develop team members across all levels.
You’ll Love It Here If You…
• Are thoughtful and open to learning
• Have a high bar for excellence
• Believe that teamwork leads to success; #onefirmfirm!
• Always do things the right way, even if it’s harder
• Are truly committed and passionate about what you do
About the Role
The Client Accounting/eBilling Specialist is a role blending a Client Account Specialist with an eBilling Specialist role. The individual will ensure that new client accounts are processed in accordance with firm procedures. The individual will also be responsible for supporting the firm’s eBilling processes and procedures. The overriding goal of this position is to provide Client Maintenance and eBilling support by ensuring accurate client data, reviewing and streamlining eBilling and intake processes, and ensuring compliance with eBilling standards for members of the billing team.
How You’ll Help Us Be Successful
• Set up all case data in compliance with client billing and e-billing guidelines.
• Assist the Sr. eBilling Specialist in the onboarding of new e-billing clients’ data setup.
• Assist Billing Administrators and others throughout the firm in responding to e-billing requests and questions.
• Prepare client invoices using Aderant, BillBlast and eBilling vendor websites.
• Manage client eBilling requirements including obtaining new case information, tracking timekeeper approvals and following up on invoice rejections, short pays and resubmissions.
• Assist Billing Administrators in responding to eBilling issues such as mapping special format setups in BillBlast and troubleshooting invoicing errors.
• Work with Aderant support to resolve BillBlast issues and configuration requests.
• Establish relationships with eBilling vendors and client contacts to resolve the variety of issues related to eBilling work (e.g., updating budgets and timekeepers, sorting out appropriate legal matter billing codes).
• Coordinate the eBilling vendor and client updates of new bill rates during twice yearly rate increases.
• As needed, eBill invoices for the billers.
What You’ll Need to Be Successful
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business.
• 1+ years of eBilling and/or client/matter intake and maintenance experience in a professional services environment preferred.
• Significant experience working with a professional services billing software, experience with CMS/Aderant a plus.
• Working knowledge of MS Office required.
What Will Differentiate You
• Leadership: the desire to take initiative and actively contribute to the team and firm
• Communication: the ability to communicate effectively and professionally
• Business Acumen: the capability to learn the firm’s financial and operational functions
• Client Service: the mindset to provide superior service
CORNERSTONE RESEARCH’S CULTURE
Our uniquely collegial and supportive atmosphere makes Cornerstone Research a great place to work. Cornerstone Research invests in its people in a number of ways including providing development opportunities and organizing memorable social events. To many, our culture and our people are the most exciting and enriching aspects of a career at Cornerstone Research.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Cornerstone Research is an equal employee opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.
This position will be located in the Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, or Washington, DC office.