Senior Embedded Software Engineer – Bluetooth
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Carpentersville, IL 60110
Senior Embedded Software Engineer – Bluetooth – Carpentersville, IL
OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
Our Senior Embedded Software Engineer – Bluetooth will implement various Bluetooth protocols (Classic and BLE) and profiles (including A2DP, HFP, and SPP) to transfer data, audio, and control signals between accessories to host devices. 10yrs+ experience coding in C and C++ and architecting software for consumer, audio, or wireless products. Ability to read and understand electrical schematics. Experience working closely with hardware engineers evaluating hardware/software tradeoffs, selecting microprocessors and peripheral components, and resurrecting early hardware prototypes. User and strong advocate of structured software development including architecting, documenting, writing modular code, bug tracking, revision tracking, design reviews, validation and regression testing of the software written. Ability to work independently or as part of a team. Position provides opportunity for both new ground-up development, as well as maintaining and upgrading existing products. Additional opportunities integrating and collaborating with OTTO’s design partners.
Specifically, the Senior Embedded Software Engineer – Bluetooth will:
• Plan and Architect Software
• Code primarily in C/C++
• Select Microprocessors – including memory size, speed, I/Os, cost, current draw, etc.
• Evaluate and Select Bluetooth (BLE and Classic) Modules for audio, data, and control applications
• Design Device drivers and boot loaders
• Integrate, debug, and test embedded systems
• Design interfaces to other devices using digital or wireless protocols
• Operate Basic electronics test equipment (oscilloscopes, DVMs, function generators, logic analyzer, etc.)
• Bring up new SoCs, chipsets, sensors, and products
• Participate in selecting development tools, bug tracking tools, software revision management and archiving tools, etc.
• Participate in new product Ideation and developing new IP
• Design and execute software test plans
• Update or add features to previously written software
• Prepare and present regular reviews of the software architectures, test plans, test cases, and test results
• Assist with other related duties as required or assigned
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
• 10+ years Embedded Software Engineering experience including architecting product platforms as well as hands-on coding in the area of Consumer Electronic Product Development.
• Experience interfacing accessories to other devices using Bluetooth Classic and BLE audio & data protocols is required. Prior experience interfacing to non-standardized LMR radios is a plus.
• BSCS or BSEE – M.S. in computer science or electrical engineering is a plus
• Strong Embedded C and C++ skills, Knowledge of Java, or App Design is a plus
• Understanding of Electrical Hardware including ability to read schematics, evaluate hardware-software tradeoffs, and write minimal code to resurrect early hardware.
• Experience with ATMEL and Microchip Microprocessors and associated development tools
• Experience in all phases of software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution
• Experience using Revision Control and Bug Tracking Tools
• Experience implementing Agile/Scrum software development cycles
• Experience designing Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
• Strong collaboration and communication skills
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Excellent time management with track record for on-time delivery.
• Focus on quality and attention to detail
• Excellent resourcefulness and debugging skills
? Medical Insurance
? Dental Insurance
? Vision Discount Program
? 401(k) with a company match
? Tuition Assistance
? Life Insurance Benefits
? Competitive Pay
? Profit Sharing Bonus
? Paid Vacation and Holidays
? Company Picnic
? Holiday Party
? AND numerous OTTO celebrations throughout the year!
To apply, please click (Crtl+Click) on this link:
OTTO Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
OTTO Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters, agencies, or similar organizations; any submissions will not be honored.