Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Skokie, IL 60077
Orchard Village is looking for a part time Recreation Specialist.
Implement therapeutic recreational programs and group activities for clients designed in collaboration with the Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS).
Follow best practice models for implementing therapeutic interventions.
Maintain contact with clients and appropriate support staff, write accurate clinical notes, collect and monitor pertinent therapeutic recreation data and respond and revise plans as applicable.
· Two or more years of college courses in Psychology, Social Work, Education, Rehabilitation, or related field, preferred
· High School Diploma or GED, required
· Experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
· Experience organizing recreation activities, preferred
· Demonstrated commitment to the philosophy of person-centered services
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proficiency in MS Office applications
· Valid driver’s license, personal vehicle, and ability to travel to multiple sites required