Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Deerfield, IL 60015-2542
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth – from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
AB0102E Marketing Strategy & Planning, Exempt
The Sales Analyst primarily focuses on sales analysis, sales-related projects, and sales volume forecasts by product. The incumbent must develop and prepare accurate and management decision-quality data, analysis, and information. In addition, the Sales Analyst regularly updates models, databases and information needed to ensure that the MRP&A department provides the highest quality support, analyses, and recommendations for decision makers in the sales and other operating departments.
- Prepares written analyses of monthly, quarterly, and year-to-date CF sales volume and prices compared with plan/projection or prior period actual, by product, for use by financial/accounting and investor relations groups in reporting
- Coordinate with Financial Planning & Analysis and Product Management teams to develop the sales volume forecast, by product, for the annual plan and the periodic updates of the plan
- Develops analyses and written materials for sales management, senior management, and Board of Director presentations, including regular reporting and ad hoc requests
- Develops and/or updates pro forma CF historical netbacks and profitability analyses, by product, for major customer/contracts or regions, as requested
- Updates and maintains historical CF sales volume and supply/demand (e.g., production by plants, inventory, etc.) database to support the sales department (and other company departments), on a regular basis
- Creates custom maps (using mapping software) to support and illustrate analyses
- Promotes continuous system improvements that increase database and model efficiencies
- Maintains communications with sales staff and operating groups related to company sales activities or other general business knowledge
Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies.
Successful incumbents will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics/accounting/finance demonstrating high academic performance; Master’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in an analytical position
- Strong quantitative and problem solving background
- Excellent communication skills with acute attention to detail in drafting and editing documents
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word) required, with SAP BPC and database management experience a plus.
- Familiarity with, or aptitude to develop proficiency in, mapping and statistics applications (Tableau, Python, R, etc.) desired
- Self-motivated, conceptual thinker, and ability to work with minimal direction
The Market Research, Planning and Analysis (MRPA) Department’s primary functions are to recommend direction for sales and marketing-related activities as well as provide necessary forecasts, analyses and information about the agriculture and fertilizer industry required to make sound business decisions. The department also develops/updates the company’s high level product sales forecasts, provides complex and non-routine analytical/problem-solving support for the sales and supply chain function and develops presentations as requested. As a result of these functions, MRPA is directly involved in major sales and marketing decisions faced by the company.
Analytical ability, independence, and self-motivation are essential to perform the functions of the Sales Analyst. The incumbent must be able to present findings in a clear and decisive way. The work performed by this individual will support operating decisions made by the Product Vice Presidents and entire Sales Team and ensures congruence with the Supply Chain team. Minimal travel for this position.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal"EEO is the Law" poster (PDF)and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at .
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities