Credit and Sales Risk Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Deerfield, IL 60015-2542
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth – from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
AG0192A Credit, Exempt
Finance & Accounting
This position supports the overall objectives of the Finance department and is responsible for maintaining and administering of credit policies in support of business objectives, improving the process for customer credit scoring, maintaining the effectiveness of receivables collections, and managing relations with internal and external stakeholders. This involves leadership of the credit and collections group in US as well as coordinating policies and procedures globally. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of implementing process improvements in credit or similar business functions.
- Monitor and enforce sound credit policies and procedures
- Maximize profitability by ensuring guidelines for the prudent extension of credit are applied consistently
- Work with product and sales management to execute sales opportunities within agreed credit limits; effectively structure credit limits to mitigate risk of loss
- Develop and implement improvements to the credit and collections functions, including enhanced processes and procedures to improve efficiencies and effectiveness
- Maintain regular awareness of trends and developments in credit risk assessment, scoring and modeling technologies and finance with a focus on incorporating regular improvements to processes
- Create policies and practices that minimize credit losses while supporting initiatives to grow the business.
- Establish and track key performance indicators to actively manage and improve workflow processes to ensure effective use of resources
- Recruit and manage credit staff, providing focus and clarity in establishing individual goals, driving performance management, supporting career development and rewarding strong performers
- Works with senior leadership to review credit profiles and key customer and supplier evaluation metrics
- Plans, organizes, directs and evaluates the performance of staff; establishes performance requirements and personal development plans; regularly monitors performance and provides coaching, feedback and corrective action, as needed Possess understanding of and keep up to date with key customer financial information and performance for the purpose of applying credit measures
- Monitor customer credit lines, collections and account balances to ensure compliance to established credit limits and payment terms
- Work with sales to monitor customer sales opportunities in order to anticipate and appropriately handle customer and supplier credit implications Individually set and monitor credit limits for high sales volume customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or similar work experience is required.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in a complex corporate environment, preferably with a large customer base and significant volumes.
- 3 years of credit management or 5 years of business process management experience.
- Knowledge of financial analysis; credit metrics and business control procedures.
- Highly motivated individual with a compelling sense of urgency.
- Detail-oriented and accurate with numbers and data, strong focus on data driven metrics and continuous improvement.
- Solid project leadership skills as well as the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Robust critical and strategic thought process and ability to communicate complex and technical information.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Must be able to work occasionally outside regularly scheduled hours.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal"EEO is the Law" poster (PDF)and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at .
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities