Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lombard, IL 60148
.# of Openings
US | US-NM-Albuquerque | US-UT-Salt Lake City | US-TX-Austin | US-TX-Houston | US-IL-Lombard | US-NV-Las Vegas | US-LA-Baton Rouge | US-NC-Mooresville
About the opportunity
This position manages and maintains optimal function of the organization’s HR/Payroll Systems, which includes database management, network support, implementation, customization, development, maintenance, and upgrades to applications, systems, and modules. Partners with subject matter experts to ensure data integrity, test system changes, conduct report writing and analyze data flows for process improvement opportunities. Gathers and analyzes business requirements to manage the design, testing, documentation, and end-user training. Builds project plans, ensures adherence to project schedules, maintains a systems orientation and partners with others to set technology priorities and conduct long-term planning. Leads the work of others, which may include direct supervision of staff. Reporting to the Director of Total Rewards and Wellness with matrixed accountabilities to the Director of Payroll and Director of IT, this position will functionally own and manage all human capital data and supporting systems for the organization.
This position is available for distributed work or available to work in any of our SWCA office locations.
What you will accomplish
Leads HR/Payroll system and process analysis, configuration, and technical support to include, but not limited to documenting requirements, testing, and processing changes during time of implementation of new business processes and systems. Leads and/or performs system upgrades, patches, and system-scheduled activities.
- Builds project plans, ensures adherence to project schedules, maintains a systems orientation and partners with others to set technology priorities.
- Leads and oversees the creation and maintenance of system document requirements. This also includes developing, maintaining, and enhancing end-user documentation.
- Partners with team members and key stakeholders to learn and understand processes to identify, design and/or align technology solutions to meet departmental needs. Presents findings and recommendations as they relate to process/customer experience enhancement opportunities.
- Develops and/or participates in the development of service level agreements with key stakeholders and clients ensuring service delivery aspects, including quality, availability, and responsiveness, are achieved on an ongoing basis.
- Leads and manages system troubleshooting, reporting, auditing, and data retrieval activities to include preparing and/or receiving file feeds. Ensures employee data is updated and maintained and payroll processing runs efficiently and effectively.
- Oversees report/query generation, including writing, maintaining, and supporting a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Leads data analytics activities and presents findings and recommendations to leadership.
- Maintains an awareness of current HR/Payroll technology trends with a focus on product and service development, delivery, and support, and applying key technologies. Provides guidance and insight to leadership to support short and long-term planning and decision making as they relate to HR/Payroll system optimization.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Must possess a knowledge information technology, business and/or human resources as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in information technology, business, Human Resources, or related field.
- A master’s degree may substitute for years of experience.
- 5+ years of a strong background and understanding in HR, Payroll and/or related systems, and progressively responsible experience participating in and leading system modules implementations, upgrades, and maintenance, to include include experience performing diagnostic tests and audits, as well as identifying and recommending process improvement opportunities.
- Must possess strong project management and planning skills to lead the work of others and ensure adherence to project deliverables.
- Proven experience creating and maintaining system document requirements, including developing, maintaining, and enhancing end-user documentation.
- Strong familiarity with core HR/Payroll business processes, key performance indicators and best practices for human capital data organization.
- Advanced skills with software applications, spreadsheet applications, and Excel.
- Must have excellent reporting and analytical skills and the ability to identify and solve complex issues, as well as analyze performance metrics.
- Requires ability to collaborate and serve as a liaison between operations and technical functions ensuring proper documentation of systems functions and capabilities.
- Strong stakeholder management with the ability to build relationships with others and deliver excellent customer service are essential.
- Proven supervisory experience.
- Advanced proficiency in database management and security, as well as running SQL queries.
- Previous Ceridian Dayforce software experience.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks amongEngineering News-Record’sTop 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.