Cultural Resources Crew Chief
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lombard, IL 60148
Cultural Resources Crew Chief
.# of Openings
About the opportunity
SWCA is expanding its team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work.We have a career opportunity for a Cultural Resources Crew Chief or Field Director for work primarilyin the Midwest and Northern Plains. This is a temporary, on-call hourly position reporting to our Lombard, Illinois Office, but does not require relocation. We are looking for acandidate in the Midwest, and will consider distributed employment.The candidate will typically work 40 hours per week, depending on workload. Overtime is possible. Pay rate will be based on individual qualifications and experience.
What you will accomplish
Perform fieldwork (survey, testing, archaeological monitoring, and data recovery) and assisting Project Managers and Principal Investigators with project tasks.
- Complex coordination of client/consultant interaction, land access, field crew progress, and daily data transfer and management.
- Office-based tasks, including literature reviews and site form and technical report preparation.
- Effective communication and teamwork across multiple disciplines, both internally and externally.
- Data QA/QC, organization, and tracking of field data, and collecting GPS data using Trimble unitsand Tablets(knowledge of TerrSync, ArcPad, and ArcGIS Collector beneficial).
- Implementation, enforcement, and documentation of SWCA Safety standards for self and crews. Conduct morning tailgate meetings as applicable.
- Ensuring that field crews are prepared for field activities.
Experience and qualifications for success
- A Bachelor’s degree in anthropology or a closely related field is required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience working with tribal consultation specialists is preferred.
- Three years of experience in the field of cultural resource management, with a minimum of one year in a supervisory position preferred.
- Strong leadership and supervision abilities, including problem solving, constructive conflict resolution, and decision making.
- Team player with the abilityto take initiative and solve problems using sound judgment.
- The ability to travel and conduct fieldwork for long hours and extended periods, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks amongEngineering News-Record’sTop 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please firstname.lastname@example.org call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.