Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Cardiovascular
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Decatur, IL 62521
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Cardiovascular
Licensed Practical Nurse/Medical Assistant
Manages, coordinates and performs nursing care with compassion and care for an assigned group of patients and their families and incorporate preventative measures as directed by Registered Nurse.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Will complete additional training or demonstrate competency in skills identified in the unit-specific competency plan and skills list.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions.
- Gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Ability to see details at close range.
- Actively looks for ways to help people.
- Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Awareness of other’s reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
General Skill Requirements
In addition to the Essential Functions and Qualifications listed above, to perform the job successfully an individual must also possess the following General Skill Requirements.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Accepts criticism and feedback; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; ability to work with frustrating situations; work under pressure and on an irregular schedule such as unscheduled overtime, unanticipated changes in work pace; Works with numerous distractions.
- Attendance and Punctuality – Schedules time off in advance; Begins working on time; Keeps absences within guidelines; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time. Reports out practice status to DMH Medical Group Executive Director and/or Director when absent more than one working day.
- Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; Exhibits good listening and comprehension; Keeps others adequately informed; Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Cooperation – Establishes and maintains effective relations; Exhibits tact and consideration; Displays positive outlook and pleasant manner; Offers assistance and support to co-workers; Works cooperatively in group situations; Works actively to resolve conflicts.
- Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; Keeps abreast of current developments; Requires minimal supervision; Displays understanding of how job relates to others; Uses resources effectively.
- Judgment – displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions; ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Problem solving – Identifies problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Resolves problems in early stages; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Displays commitment to excellence; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly; Achieves established goals.
- Concentration – Maintains attention to detail over extended period of time; continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Supervision – ability to perform work independently or with minimal supervision; ability to assign and/or review work; train and/or evaluate other employees.
Education and/or Other Requirements
Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing. Current registration in Illinois for practice as a licensed practical nursing. Six months experience preferred.
This position is performed within an environment of frequent exposure to blood and body fluids.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required walk, stand, stoop to floor level, kneel and assist in lifting patient; to assist patients and/or adjust equipment at floor level; to reach, change and read IV’s 5 feet from the floor unaided; to support weight of persons 200 pounds or more in emergency situations.
- Ability to attend to visual details.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to receive and comprehend written and oral communications.
- Ability to read 5 feet from the floor unaided.
- Ability to utilize fine motor control in hands, the ability to hear, and the ability to meet visual demands.
- The employee will frequently be required to lift, push and pull weight of at least 5 to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work under stress and adapt to changing conditions.
- Analyze information or data.
- Plan sequence of operations or actions.
- Make decisions of moderate to substantial effects, with a variety of alternatives and moderate to substantial consequences.
- Use logic to define problems, collect information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, interpret information, deal with abstract variables.
- Comprehend written basic instructions, safety rules, office memoranda at a high school graduate level.
- Ability to compose written communication using standard business English at a high school graduate level.
- Ability to comprehend verbal sentences and instructions at a high school graduate level.
- Ability to converse in Standard English at a high school graduate level.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist an otherwise qualified individual in the performance of the job. In order to meet the needs of the Company employees may be assigned other duties, in addition, or in lieu of those described above.
Essential Functions and Job Duties
- Collects patient data within the clinical standards; reports significant variances to registered nurse.
- Establishes workload priorities and offer input into plan of care; encourages patient participation in plan of care.
- Provides and documents care within standards of practice, policies and procedures and protocols consistent with the patient plan of care under supervisor of an RN.
- Identifies expected outcomes individualized to patient needs under RN guidance.
- Demonstrates competency in all required areas, including department-specific, age-specific, medication administration, and use of equipment.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development by:
- Maintaining ongoing continuing education,
- Contributing to professional development of peers, and
- Participating in CQI.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Memorial Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.