Microbiology Lab Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Bolingbrook, IL 60440
Kelly Scientific is seeking a Microbiology Lab Technician near Aurora, IL.
The Microbiology Laboratory Associate conducts microbiology testing on raw materials, in process materials and finished products.
• Aseptically performs microbiology sampling, plating, and testing of samples daily.
• Conducts microbiological qualitative or quantitative analyses by meticulously following all SOP’s and laboratory methods.
• Daily, check and record temperature of all refrigerators, freezers, and water baths in the Microbiology department.
• Daily, verify and record calibration of the top load balance used to weigh samples.
• Maintain proper record keeping for media preparation, the autoclaves, pH.
• Stay up to date on new regulations and current events regarding food science.
• Identifies and communicates results that require further discussion with Department Manager/Supervisor.
• Assists in maintaining quality system records to comply with all accrediting agencies.
• Perform regular maintenance of laboratory equipment and instruments by inspecting, calibrating, cleaning, or sterilizing.
• Learns new techniques and technologies as appropriate.
• Other duties as required.
• BS degree, preferably in Biology/Microbiology or related sciences
• Good conceptual basis in biology with proven ability to perform basic microbiology techniques.
• 2 years laboratory experience preferred but not required
• Excellent organizational skills – ability to use your time, energy, resources, etc. in an effective manner.
• Manual dexterity.
• Ability to distinguish colors.
• Ability to stand for prolonged periods.
Shift is 2pm to 10:30pm during the week and noon to 8:30pm on Saturdays. The days of the week are Monday to Saturday, with Sundays off and one day off during the week. Flexibility is needed to work any day between Monday to Saturday, but will only be scheduled for five days per week .
Interested? Apply now!
Why Kelly ® ?
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)