Nursing Professional Development Practitioner-Sate
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60611
Nursing Professional Development Practitioner-Satellites Northbrook & Westchester
The Nursing Professional Development Practitioner is a registered nurse who influences professional role competence and professional growth of learners in a variety of settings. The NPD practitioner supports lifelong learners in an inter-professional environment that facilitates continuous development and learning for the healthcare team.
Coverage locations: Northbrook and Westchester satellites ambulatory and surgical services
1. Develops knowledge and competency in pediatric nursing and professional development practices.
2. Evaluates personal practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, and relevant statutes, rules, and regulations.
3. Implements strategies for seamless transitions to practice and between practice settings.
4. Assesses clinical skills of staff and provides learning opportunities to advance clinical competencies and decision making skills of staff and documents competencies.
5. Uses the best available evidence to guide practice decisions.
6. Facilitates professional role development.
7. Actively works to assist in transformation processes at the unit/area level, utilizing project management and improvement processes.
8. Other job functions as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in nursing required. Master’s degree preferred in adult education.
2. Certification/Licensure/Registration: Registered Nurse in the state of Illinois, ANCC recognized certification in specialty area of clinical practice.
3. Minimum three years of clinical experience in surgical services or ambulatory, preferred.
4. Basic Life Support certification required from the American Heart Association.
5. CPR instructor, within 6 months of hire.
6. Resuscitation requirements as appropriate to specialty area, within 6 months of hire.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.