Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60609
Job duties include, but not limited to:
• Clean the facility and all equipment; including wall to wall, ceiling to floor according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP) and Hazards Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulations while adhering to OSHA safety standards.
• Use hot water and chemicals of proper strength to sanitize facility and equipment.
• Breakdown equipment to sanitize and reassemble equipment with care.
• Pre-operation: work closely with Quality Assurance and Management to ensure equipment passes inspection according to USDA and SQF regulations.
• Clean non-production areas.
• Work in teams to accomplish work.
• Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMPs, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained.
• Perform all duties as required by supervisor.
• Follow CMA policies and procedures.
• Required to work third shift (10:30pm-7:00am).
• Required to work overtime (including Saturdays).
• Required to wear all personal protective equipment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
• Follow all safety regulations and support others in working safely.
• Meat processing and/or refrigerated manufacturing experience preferred.
• Previous sanitation experience is preferred.
• Worked at least one year in each of the previous 3 jobs.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and push up to 70 pounds depending on specific function being performed.
• Ability to crouch and bend repeatedly.
• Ability to work with cold materials in a cold, humid environment.
• Competitive medical insurance.
• Pension plan.
• Meat purchase program.