Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
Your LinkedIn profile can be used in completing your application should you prefer not to use/have access to your resume. Take note that you will be prompted to enter your LinkedIn credentials to use this feature if not already signed in.
Your journey to building a better world starts here!We are now hiring full-time, production roles to support our Manufacturing site. From ultrasound units and 3D printing to network security application and in-flight Wi-Fi, we help create products that build a better world. Now, more than ever, we are making an impact on the world as we manufacture medical devices that are used in the fight against COVID-19. As an employee, we promise to keep you safe through the following precautions; virtual interviews, staggered start times across all shifts, enhanced cleaning processes, daily temperature screenings and requiring all employees to wear masks.Whether you’re looking to start your manufacturing career or are an experienced manufacturer, you’ll join a great team that is making a difference.
Purpose Statement: Responsible for supervising and managing activities directly related to service.
This position requires limited supervision and is also required to exercise moderate discretion and independent judgment by developing, analyzing and delivering simple to complex information. Provides immediate supervision to a group of employees, assigning tasks, checking work at frequent intervals, and maintaining schedules.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Lead daily service needs, schedules, goals, quality issues and concerns between shifts and other employees in order to maintain an efficient and effective production process.
- Assign work assignments based on daily service needs, ensure quality products are produced and achieve department metrics.
- Conduct leadership activities which may include approving time off, conducting performance appraisals, coaching, disciplinary action and maintaining company policies and procedures.
- Provides mentoring, leadership and direction for team members and Lead Assists. Cross-train responsibilities to Lead Assist for coverage and back-up.
- Effectively communicate daily schedules, goals, quality issues/concerns between shifts to ensure customer expectations are met. Follow proper escalation process when necessary.
- Ensure individuals are trained to the appropriate assembly build instructions and ensures personnel are compliant with all applicable SFT training requirements. Intelligently flex team members to meet customer schedules based on training and skill sets.
- Understand and communicate concerns to appropriate personnel relative to product documentation and production schedules in order to ensure thoroughness to the production process.
- Monitor service activities, inspection appraisals, reworks/repairs, and product packaging in order to ensure accuracy and efficiency in these areas.
- Ensure adherence to product and process specifications and requirements in order to maintain and meet customer and company expectations.
- Evaluate and monitor discrepant material levels relative to product quality and defect prevention, product disposition, rework/repair/replacement activities, and data analysis of the defect source, in order to provide timely and effective resolution.
- Understands and follows Plexus quality policy guidelines, customer specifications and adheres to regulatory compliance.
- Keeps supervisors and management informed and escalates issues when needed.
- Coordinate cross-training of employees.
- Works collaboratively with the team and within cross functional team(s) as needed.
- Ensures 5s practices are followed and maintained within Aftermarket Services.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED is required; an Associate’s degree is preferred
- Two (2) years of related experience is required; Two (2) or more years of related experience is preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
- Proficient computer skills required (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Good oral and written communication and organizational skills are necessary.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexible to quickly adapt to learning new tasks, moving to new areas to meet changing customer demands.
- Flexible and able to work overtime, nights, various shifts and weekends as required.
- Maintain confidentiality of all customer and company information.
- Work safely, at all times.
- Able to alternate or be able to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time
- Able to lift, reach, push, pull up to 45 pounds as required.
- Able and willing to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment as required for assigned area.
- The work setting should consist of a manufacturing environment with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate noise level.
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent could be asked to perform.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas. Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!