Associate Scientist, R&D - Specifications
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Glenview, IL 60025
Associate Scientist, R&D – Specifications
The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We’re a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. While Kraft Heinz is co-headquartered in Chicago and Pittsburgh, our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
We spark joy around mealtime with our iconic brands, including Kraft, Oscar Mayer, Heinz, Philadelphia, Lunchables, Velveeta, Planters, Maxwell House, Capri Sun, Ore-Ida, Kool-Aid, Jell-O, Primal Kitchen, and Classico, among others.
No matter the brand, we’re united under one vision: To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we’re transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion – and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen – there’s only one thing to do: join our table and let’s make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy & Collaboration
We’re not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level – from entry-level intern to senior leader – to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners – to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz – which we apply to every situation, every day. As part of Kraft Heinz, you’re supported to grow and achieve. You’re expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level – and you’ll be rewarded. You’re given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won’t do it alone. You’re supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.
Role / Title
- This role on the Specification Team provides subject matter expertise to the routing and approval of ingredient specifications required for projects within one or more of our North American businesses. The candidate will be working closely with cross-functional teams to ensure a high level of specification data quality, and adherence to defined business rules, while meeting commercialization timelines. This candidate should have a proven record of executing projects and driving results. Proven communication, teamwork skills and attention to detail are essential in this role. This position requires an individual to manage multiple assignments/tasks concurrently and demonstrate the ability to complete work with minimal guidance.
Key Components of the role
- Creation of ingredient specifications based on established guidelines to support R&D initiatives.
- Manage reporting and processing of specification requests.
- Coordinate with cross functional team members to expedite approvals.
- Implement updates due to internal or external change requests.
- Collect and manage all required supporting documentation into a centralized management system.
- Resolve technical problems through continuous collaboration with suppliers and cross functional team members.
- Identify process improvement opportunities within the specification approval process.
- Bachelors degree in Food Science or related field and/or experience in a Food Science or related field required.
- Moderate production and processing knowledge in food science or related industry.
- Strong computer and computer application knowledge.
- Strong communication skills, analytical and technical skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving; attention to detail and organization.
- Time management: managing one’s own time and the time of others.
Location(s)Glenview R&D Center
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
It is the continuing policy of The Kraft Heinz Company to afford full equal employment opportunity to qualified employees and applicants, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental handicaps, military or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other protected condition or characteristic in conformity with all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
Final candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship. Exceptions requesting work visa sponsorship will be reviewed on a case to case basis.