Corporate Security Receptionist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Libertyville, IL 60048
We Make Life More Rewarding and Dignified
The Security Receptionist is responsible for reception duties and access control at the world corporate Headquarters. This position functions as the initial contact point for the majority of Associates, Contractors and Guests coming in to or calling the facility, and serves as the key contact for visitor management and registration. The Receptionist must be customer service oriented, as well as safety and security minded in order to perform the required duties effectively and efficiently. The Receptionist will be responsible for a myriad of duties, during stressful periods periodically, and must be able to professionally command the immediate environment to effectively communicate and direct Associates, guests and visitors at all levels of the organization.
- Welcome visitors and guests in a courteous and professional manner
- Manage the visitor registration platform and processes for Corporate Associates
- Maintain the front desk directory
- Direct internal and external telephone calls to appropriate parties
- Maintain organization and professional image of the reception area
- Monitor access control and CCTV software at the front desk
- Act as a key point of contact for emergency services (police, medical, fire) when needed
- Send out emergency notifications when needed
- Issue and assign temporary access badges to Associates, Contractors, and Visitors
- Provide assistance to internal and external customers as requested
- Monitor visitor and employee entrance and reception area
- Vigilant observation skills and ability to recognize risks and other traits consistent with security
- Perform various administrative duties, including scheduling and maintaining various logs and databases (access authorizations, property removal, lost & found, vehicles left overnight, etc.)
- Effective and efficient use of verbal and written communication during periods of stress
- 5-7 years’ work experience in a similar role office-reception
- Familiarity with Visitor Management and Access Control Systems and CCTV is highly desired
- Be capable of exercising sound judgement and making efficient, effective, fact-based decisions, particularly with regards to visitor management and access control.
- Conflict de-escalation training desirable
- Conflict resolution experience is strongly desired
- Ability to perform calmly under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Experience with MS Office tools and intranet sites is required
- Superb verbal and written communication skills in English is requiredMultilingual proficiencies and/or multicultural experience a plus
- A service minded, customer focused individual with high integrity, adaptability and flexibility.
- Display high professionalism and superb telephone etiquette. A friendly disposition is a must.
- Must display interpersonal skills and positive attitude and be able to work and interact with all levels within the organization.
- Multitasking skills and abilities
- Prolonged sitting, minor lifting (up to 25lbs)
Hollister Incorporated is an independent, employee-owned company that develops, manufactures, and markets products for ostomy care, continence care, andcritical care and develops educational support for patients and healthcare professionals. We have been in business for more than 95 years. Our products are sold in more than 90 countries and we have manufacturing and distribution centers on three continents. At Hollister Incorporated, we are passionate about the work we do, and we are committed to making life more rewarding and dignified for our Associates and for the people who use our products and services. A career at Hollister Incorporated can take many paths, all of them leading to rewarding opportunities.
Job Req ID: 28976
Hollister is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability