Sustainability and EHS Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Deerfield, IL 60015-2542
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth – from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
AK0100ACS1 Corp EHS, Exempt
The Analyst, EHS and Sustainability will manage the Company’s tracking and reporting of sustainability and EHS projects in support of strategic initiatives. Specifically, projects will focus on the collection, management and analysis of enterprise data that support Company sustainability and EHS (environmental, health, and safety) goals, including those related to air emissions, water, safety, process safety, and product stewardship as well as the clean energy initiatives. This role is responsible for ensuring assignments meet the scope, schedule, cost and analysis objectives of the business. This role will assist in ensuring timely and accurate reporting to external stakeholders as well as updates to Senior Leadership and Board of Directors.
- Monitors and reports on the Company’s sustainability performance, including coordination of data collection and production of annual sustainability report.
- Tracks Scope 1, 2, and 3 greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions against the Company’s reduction objectives and ongoing GHG emissions reduction strategies.
- Develops water footprints, waste footprints and other environmental inventories, including data analysis emission factor development, calculation methodology, web-system deployment and support locations’ environmental reporting activities.
- Assists manufacturing and distribution teams in assessing the sustainability impacts of potential projects and investments. Assists in calculating the potential avoided emissions from our assets and the products provided to our clients.
- Coordinates with the EHS team to ensure environmental, biodiversity, water use, and climate resiliency compliance for specific projects
- Completes and validates Life Cycle Assessments for relevant products and maintains enterprise footprints for carbon and water, including annual updates.
- Applies knowledge of the global sustainability reporting frameworks and standards such as Global Reporting Initiative Standards (GRI), Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), and Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), to help focus the Company’s efforts for improvement.
- Supports the Procurement team in assessing the sustainability performance of our suppliers and responds to customer sustainability data requests in a complete and timely manner.
- Creates dashboards to streamline data collection process and development of data visualizations to enhance understanding of performance. Supports the development and implementation of data tracking tools, including sustainability data management and reporting tools.
- Performs rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis of empirical data with particular focus on environmental data such as GHG, other air emissions, and water. Executes an annual data assurance process including continual improvement efforts.
- Collaborates with a multifunctional team (e.g., human resources, investor relations, public affairs, finance, etc.) to manage responses to key sustainability surveys, ratings and rankings. Understands the key factors driving the Company’s sustainability scores and identify opportunities for score improvements.
- Stays abreast of global sustainability and EHSQ reporting trends, including the sustainability ratings and rankings ecosystem, reporting frameworks, sustainability reporting standards and disclosure legislation and provide recommendations for improvement. Researches and communicates key emerging information and trends relating to global sustainability initiatives such as climate change policy, corporate sustainability programs, clean energy, and other relevant market areas.
- Engages directly with a variety of stakeholders, including third-party auditors, on increasing expectations and trends for material data disclosure, data tracking, reporting and transparency.
- Actively participates and engages as a member of the EHS team, collaborate and contribute to the overall improvement of EHS performance.
Successful Incumbents will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in project engineering and execution.
- 3-5 years of experience in a chemical manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience in sustainability data management and reporting, including familiarity with the GHG Protocol and emissions calculation approaches is an advantage.
- Demonstrated knowledge in statistical tools and analysis
- Knowledge in various data collection and assessment methodologies
- Time management and organizational skills; including the ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks and assignments with competing demands
- Ability to perform analytical-related activities of large amounts of data and identify trends
- Strong skills in MS Excel, Access and Word to combine and analyze large amounts of data from various sources, and generate reports and graphics
- Skill in effectively communicating complex information verbally and in writing
- Skill in analyzing and summarizing data gleaned from a variety of sources and preparing benchmark reports
- Skill in researching and supporting the implementation of state of the art sustainable practices
- Decision-making capabilities through collaboration
- Strong interpersonal skills
- This position is responsible for managing EHSQ and sustainability data collection, processing and validation to provide high-quality information in a field of increasing strategic importance for the Company.
- Travel required: Up to 20%.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal"EEO is the Law" poster (PDF)and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at .
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities