Social Media Marketing Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lombard, IL 60148
Job TitleSocial Media Marketing Manager Requisition ID 27426053 Duration Location Lombard, IL Other Location Greenville, WI Description
Do you consider yourself a social media influencer and are able to start online conversations that engage different types of audiences and drive revenue? We are seeking a Social Media Marketing Manager to lead our social media strategy, execution and optimization efforts.
You will be responsible for developing School Specialty’s enterprise social media strategy, including organic and paid social, as well as online communities. You will develop innovative social media programming that fosters a deep sense brand engagement while driving incremental revenue opportunities. You should have command of best practices and social media trends, enjoy being creative yourself as well as experienced in collaborating with designers and copywriters, and be adept at using data to guide your strategy and measure performance.
The Social Media Marketing Manager role is a key pillar of the Digital Marketing team at School Specialty, reporting to the Senior Manager of Digital Marketing.
With a 60-year heritage, School Specialty is the leading provider of educational products and services, from crayons to curriculum to complete learning environments. Primarily serving the Pre-K to 12th grade market, our offerings include some of the most trusted national brands, as well as our own well-recognized proprietary brands, ranging from Sax art products to Childcraft furniture and FOSS Science Curriculum. We are a purpose-driven organization and everything we do is designed to “transform more than classrooms” by supporting educators and lifting student outcomes.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead the annual planning process for social media to drive revenue, engagement and organization initiatives.
- Develop and evolve the social media road map based on historical data, best practices and latest industry trends.
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Manage and optimize our paid advertising strategy across social media channels.
- Be a thought leader to drive innovative uses of the social media channel to build brand awareness and revenue growth.
- Develop a comprehensive content plan in alignment with marketing campaigns, social media schedules and blog posts.
- Lead the planning, creative development process and execution of social media content across multiple platforms.
- Deploy shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content, aligned with campaign goals and audiences.
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing leads and customers as well as from brand new audiences.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Develop key performance indicators (KPIs) and regularly report results along with optimization recommendations for improved performance. Main a performance-based approach, using analytics tools, keeping a pulse on the various audiences and their content consumption patterns and understand how to measure success.
- Facilitate the creation of content via writers, photographers and videographers.
We are looking for someone with at least a bachelor’s degree in marketing or similar discipline, or equivalent work experience. A minimum of 5-7 years of enterprise paid and organic social media marketing work experience is desired.
At School Specialty, safety is every employee’s first responsibility. We expect our employees to adhere to all safety practices, have the moral courage to stop other individuals from performing unsafe acts, and immediately report unsafe conditions.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- School Specialty is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants are subject to a drug screen and background check as a condition of employment.
- If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Opportunities@SchoolSpecialty.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled