Digital Product Manager, Global Experience
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
The Digital Product Manager – Global Experience role is responsible for working with business partners across the globe to localize our Ecommerce capabilities for strategic markets. This role will lead a cross-functional sprint team to define and document the combination of people, process, technology, and assets required to expand Ecommerce capabilities strategically across the globe, acquire new customers, and grow sales through Ecommerce in market. This role will collaborate with the Product Management team build the digital product roadmap for global expansion of ChemCentral.com and drive the development of required capabilities that will differentiate our customer experience from product research to purchase.
- Execute the long range product strategy identifying the key areas of focus and supporting capabilities required to deliver an exceptional customer experience for customers in strategic markets.
- Identify, research, and analyze customer pain points and needs. Works closely with Supply Chain, Customer Service, Finance, and Digital IT to build business cases that quantify opportunities, document costs, and forecast adoption to estimate ROI.
- Collaborate on product vision, identify roadmap and growth opportunities and prioritize according to business value / ROI
- Provide vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders at the Product Increment planning session and throughout the project. Create supporting business requirements
- Work with Business Solutions Manager to prioritize epics and user stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Capture customer insights and provide voice of customer feedback to enhance the digital product backlog
- Set benchmarks for our competitors and the industry and best practices in digital
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- Work with partners in Finance to build business cases and present opportunities and ROI in order to gain necessary approval for investments.
- Measure and report performance of development efforts against business case assumptions.
- Manage projects / initiatives through the stage gate to ensure projects in portfolio optimized for needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance or similar, relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Master’s in related field of study preferred
- At least 5 years of related product management experience in customer-facing, internet driven business environment.
- At least 7 years of experience in strategy and/or Ecommerce required.
- Strong understanding of distribution industry
- Experience in one or more of the following areas of ecommerce: Content Tools and Processes, Search and Browse, or Cart and Checkout.
- Understanding of web platforms and technology.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present to various levels of the organization
- Detail and deadline oriented
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles.
- Experience working with product development lifecycle.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience leading and/or collaborating with cross functional team to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Building Customer Loyalty: Meeting and exceeding (internal or external) customer expectations while cultivating relationships that secure commitment and trust.
- Execution and Driving for Results: Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Continuous Improvement: Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions
- Driving Innovation: Initiating and maintaining strategic relationships with stakeholders and potential partners inside and outside the organization (e.g., customers, peers, cross-functional partners, external vendors, and alliance partners) who are willing and able to provide the information, ideas, expertise, and/or influence needed to advance understanding of business issues and achieve business goals.
- Collaborating: Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions:
- Office environment
- Work as part of a collective team
- Energy for fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.
Univar is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.