Digital Product Manager - PIM
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
The Digital Product Manager – PIM role is responsible for defining the roadmap of our Product Information Management system. The role will also be tasked with driving adoption of our PIM system with internal business partners. This role will work closely with IT, Product Management team, and subject matter experts throughout the organization to develop solutions and manage initiatives that improve product data quality used by the enterprise and our customers. This role will collaborate with the product management leaders for UnivarSolutions.com and ChemCentral.com.
- Execute the long range PIM implementation and adoption strategy, identifying the key areas of focus and supporting.
- Identify, research, and analyze gaps in product information and merchandising capabilities.
- Collaborate on PIM vision, identify roadmap and growth opportunities and prioritize according to business value / ROI
- Provide vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders at the Product Increment planning session and throughout the project. Create supporting business requirements
- Work with Business Solutions Manager to prioritize epics and user stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Lead scoping and business priority-setting for change initiatives.
- Set benchmarks for our competitors and the industry and best practices in PIM adoption and implementation.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- Work with partners in Finance to build business cases and present opportunities and ROI in order to gain necessary approval for investments.
- Measure and report performance of development efforts against business case assumptions.
- Manage projects / initiatives through the stage gate to ensure projects in portfolio optimized for needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance or similar, relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Master’s in related field of study preferred
- At least 5 years of related product management or PIM development.
- Strong understanding of distribution industry
- Understanding of web platforms and technology.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present to various levels of the organization
- Detail and deadline oriented
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles.
- Experience working with product development lifecycle.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Building Customer Loyalty: Meeting and exceeding (internal or external) customer expectations while cultivating relationships that secure commitment and trust.
- Execution and Driving for Results: Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Continuous Improvement: Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions
- Driving Innovation: Initiating and maintaining strategic relationships with stakeholders and potential partners inside and outside the organization (e.g., customers, peers, cross-functional partners, external vendors, and alliance partners) who are willing and able to provide the information, ideas, expertise, and/or influence needed to advance understanding of business issues and achieve business goals.
- Collaborating: Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions:
- Office environment
- Work as part of a collective team
- Energy for fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.
Univar is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.