SR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
• Install, Configure, Upgrade, Design, Secure and Perform logical partitions on Oracle databases, Oracle upgrade planning, Implement Grid / RDBMS / DB.
• Work on Dev, UAT & Production Servers using RAC, ASM, Goldengate.
• Extensive work on Design, Implement Oracle replication technologies like Oracle Materialized view’s, Oracle Streams and Oracle Golden Gate, Oracle GG Micro services, Oracle BDA and Kafka Clusters integration.
• Work on all aspects of the hybrid Oracle database server hosting environment on EXADATA and Traditional Database systems.
• Manage lifecycle of the Oracle database platform across DEV, UAT and Production.
• Ensuring databases are backed up per policy and can be restored successfully.
• Design, Analyze and enhance DB using high availability, performance and scalability techniques
• Analyze and work on performance tuning of databases and SQL queries.
• Coordinate with infrastructure teams like Network, Compute and Storage for delivery of functional database clusters.
• Work with application teams to test and ensure that applications are configured to be RAC compliant and support database failover configurations.
• Work on Oracle Big data adaptor / Kafka cluster integration, OLTP, implementation and troubleshoot
• Design databases for Disaster recovery using Disaster recovery and storage servers like EMC, IBM.
• Mentor junior DBA’s and work on Data Guard configuration and participate/automate disaster recovery procedures.
• Install, migrate, automate and support a variety of AWS hosted (Both RDBMS & NoSQL) databases in RDS, EC2 using CFT and OPS Works.
• Extract data using ASM and support AWS hosted Database RDBMS & Non-SQL
• Develop scripts for performance tuning and automation of jobs
• Develop complex Python module and Bash Shell scripts in building standard framework for Oracle Golden Gate
• Build custom monitoring SQL scripts using ASH data for analyzing database performance trends, load analysis, capacity patterns, troubleshoot performance issues, assist RCA analysis.
• Implement patches, updates, and fixes as necessary following established Change Management processes.