Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Rockford, IL 61107
Interstate Companies, Inc. is a dynamic organization that provides rewarding careers for more than 1,400 employees in its corporate office and five operating units – Interstate AssemblySystems, Interstate BearingSystems, Interstate IndustrialSystems, Interstate PowerSystems and I-State Truck Center.
As we have since our founding in 1957 as one of the world’s first Detroit Diesel Engine distributors, we continue to recruit career-oriented individuals who want fulfilling work and opportunities for professional growth. Our employees’ commitment to the company and its “Pride in Service” motto helps Interstate Companies deliver exceptional customer service every day.
We are looking for experienced Generator Mechanic / Technicians to join our team.
If you have a strong electrical background, are self-starter and can work independently, we’d like to hear from you!
Mechanic Job Duties:
- Responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair on all makes of generators
- Diagnose, repair, adjust, and modify all components of the generator, engine and switch gear
- Positive interface with service writers, foreman, parts department and customers
- Keep paper work updated and handed in upon completion
- Meet requirements for certifications
- Perform administrativeduties as related to role
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ of experience working with industrial power generations sets
- Experience with diesel and natural gas engines, electrical switch gear, and automatic transfer switches
- Must have your own set of general tools
- Be able to work with diagnostic computers for troubleshooting and repairs
- Use computers for web based training and work order system
- Must be physically able to lift and work with no restrictions
- Clean driving record and the ability to pass a D.O.T. Physical
Ideal Mechanic Candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Technical degree or certification a plus
- Positive attitude and excellent customer relationship skills
- The ability to set goals and accomplish them
- The desire to take advantage of certification opportunities to have the most updated product training
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work with little supervision
- Competitive compensation
- Tools program
- Tuition assistance
- Broad range of health (medical, dental and vision) insurance options
- Flexible paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interstate Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position by submitting a resume for consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.